How is AMD's upcoming proc going to stand up against conroe?

I think i read that AMD's new procs are coming mid 2007 and will be compatible with socket AM2 mobo's, right? How exactly are these chips going to stand up against conroe's? I mean are they going to try and one up intel and make them even better, or are they not going to be anything alike?

It's K8L, it's going to be premiered later this year, and it is [supposedly] up to 40% better than Conroe.

Bona Fide said:
It's K8L, it's going to be premiered later this year, and it is [supposedly] up to 40% better than Conroe.
*saves money for new mobo, new RAM and new processor, keeps 7900GTXs*

damn.......this is such a dillema. i was saving my money for a 939 x2, but decided to go am2 because of the new price drops. now, do i still go am2? or do i wait for k8l? then once k8l comes out, something new will be on the horizon! ack!

the way i understand it K8L IS socket AM2, so go am2, then when K8L comes out, just upgrade the proc, won't need new mobo.

From what was said in the investor conference call earlier this week the K8L will not be out until this time next year as a quad core part.

Am I right on this fellas that AMD will have nothing in terms of new architecture this year?

|CR|Constantine said:
From what was said in the investor conference call earlier this week the K8L will not be out until this time next year as a quad core part.

Am I right on this fellas that AMD will have nothing in terms of new architecture this year?

Dailytech just had an article recently about it. AMD is going to demonstrate the quad-core later this year, and they're aiming for a mid-2007 launch. I'm seriously considering a single-core to hold me over until next year, when I can go straight to quad.

Bona Fide said:

And Intel has ramped up the launch for it's quad-core "Kentsfield"..out this year too...

Terra...

Bona Fide said:

Really ? Based on what do you get that marvellous 40% ? :rolleyes:

savantu said:
Really ? Based on what do you get that marvellous 40% ? :rolleyes:

The easter bunny told him..or Sharikou (the blogger-troll that claimed Conroe was fraud) ;)

Terra...

Back