How is the 2001FP?

SystemERRor

Limp Gawd
I've considering getting a new Dell monitor (whichs does not seem to be uncommon, given all the 2405FPW and 2005FPW threads floating around).

I considererd the 2005FPW, but i'm not sure i want it just because i don't want to have to tweak some games to get a good resolution.

Enter the 2001FP.

I read some old reviews of the 2001FP, and things didn't look good. But that's understandable, given how pessimistic some online reviewers are at times.

For people who have used a 2001FP: Are there any problems? Does it have any issues with the backlight? What exactly is this "screen-door" effect on the monitor that bothers some people? Is it true dark colors are...not too dark? And how does it look when not in it's native resolution (maybe at 1280X1024, or 1024X768)?

(Oh BTW I have a nvidia 6800, 1GB RDRam and a 2.8 GHz P4)

I had a 2001FP for a few weeks and sent it back to Dell ,The very poor black levels alone make it not worth owning if you care about image quality.

Hmm that Gateway FPD2185W sounds sexy....i might have to read that thread....

Only problem is the gateway would be 200 more than i would pay fora 2005FPW (i have coupons!)

Advice?

Get a Samsung 214T if you can find it (its better in every way, expect for avaliblity), but if you wanna save a few bucks get a 2001FP.

I use one for work and love it.

If you are getting it mostly for gaming, don't get a 2001fp. If you can get it cheap, and/or are going to use it for text/web/"real work", it's pretty decent, IMHO. I use mine for both work and gaming, so it's acceptable for the time being (until i get around to clearing space for another nice big Trinitron CRT, hehe). The backlight is a bit uneven, and the black levels are not good. It does look pretty good at non-native resolutions, i use 1024x768 and 1280x1024 often for games. The screen-door effect is something that you're only going to see if you sit with your face a foot from the screen.

Back