how long does it take?

brysig228

Gawd
replaced my e6600 to e8400 that i got from my bro and the cpu temp is reading 127c. researched and found out need to update my bios to the newest from abit (mb is p35 pro). started it and still says "please wait!". how long does it take to update bios?

thanks

replaced my e6600 to e8400 that i got from my bro and the cpu temp is reading 127c. researched and found out need to update my bios to the newest from abit (mb is p35 pro). started it and still says "please wait!". how long does it take to update bios?

thanks

Typically shouldn't take more than 5 minutes, assuming you did everything correctly. Depending on the motherboard, it can be quite fast. My old ABIT IP35-E BIOS flashed in about a minute or so, my new X58 flashes in seconds.

Are you flashing from a USB drive, within Windows, Floppy drive, etc?

It's strongly recommended that you DON'T flash from within a Windows environment.

ouch could be trouble. I dont know how you are going to get out of this without doing it but until you figure it out avoid removing the power at all costs.

Did you expand/run/unzip the downloaded file from abit ? Typically its an zip or executable that makes a boot floppy with the unexpanded bios file on the floppy.

Tell us more, if possible remove the floppy and take it to another computer and see if there is a .bin fine on it and run chkdsk on the floppy. On another computer make another update disk with a different new floppy. I am hoping the flash program cannot find the .bin file and if you give it a floppy with a .bin it will pick up and do the update. All just guesses.

dont remove power,
pull the floppy and see exactly what is on it and in particular if there is a .bin file.
At absolute worst and I dont recommend this until you know more, the reset button would be the only thing I considered touching after I was dead certain the floppy was good and contained uncorruped files including the .bin update file.

Good luck.

i unzip the file and copied it to the floppy 5 files "awdflash, runme, bios, bios notes, and abitfae" then boot up on the floppy and typed in runme. ima use a different floppy and see what happen. thanks

done updating bios. guess the floppy that i used first was bad cuz i just used another one and it work. bios updated and cpu temp is reading normal bout 38c. core #0 is reading 40c and core#1 is reading 33c while i'm playing CS:S oc to 3.4g. anyways are the temp looks normal?

thanks for all the help.

Yep, temps are fine. You're under moderate load, so the temps could go up a bit depending on what you do- if you do any video renders or benchmarks, I foresee up to around 45 on both cores..

Back