How many optical (or 5.25") devices do you have in your main rig?

How many 5.25" devices in your main rig?

• Total voters
I got one dvd drive and two bays are a 80mm fan. i got a dumb door on my case:rolleyes:. i think one drive is all you need, other stuff is ok like fan controllers,water cooling stuff,ect... but as always the less the cleaner

One DVD writer is all I need. The only time I use discs now is burning backups. In the past I had a fan controller too but now I just buy quiet fans and/or motherboards with fan control.

1 drive... my trusty Lite-On 20x LightScribe SATA DVD Burner. $36 + S&H @ egg, can't beat it.

1 5.25
1 3.5 (gotta have an internal card reader, theres not nearly enough love for these wonderful things)

I have just 1, but if you count the drive adapter rails, then I have 5.
8-drives-2.jpg

lol i dont have any atm coz i dont have sata drive and i dont like the look of ide cables hahaha im hell fussy about my cables

My case only has 3 bays, which were all full until the other day. Right now I have a NEC DVD-RW, and a LITE-ON CD-RW (i know, pretty unnecessary these days, but I've never taken it out for some reason). In the third bay I had the X-Fi Platinum breakout box, but the other day I decided to make an enclosure for it and turn it into an external drive, so I did that. It's better for me because I use it to record and what not, so I have midi and other cables plugged into it, and with it being in the drive bay, i'd either have to leave the front case door open or remove the cables everytime. Plus I like how it is now a lot better anyways.

I have 2. I like to set it and forget it if I'm backing up a movie or CD.

I have one item in my 5.25" bays. And that would be a dvd-rw. Though when I had my phase unit there was 3 bays taken up.

It says -44c btw.

100_0585.jpg

EDIT: Silly camera! Thinks were still in 2003.

Back