how much better is the 182 than the 180?

Soapy5

Weaksauce
right now the silver p180 is $80 amr ( $120 upfront) at newegg. question is, how much better is the 182; aside ffrom the w/c holes and mobospace in the back? does the $40 -$60 dollar hike deliver something worthwhile? or is the p180 fine as it is

I think the mobo space in the back is a godsend!

other than that, its just like the p180...

However, the P180B NOW HAS the modifications that the P182 has.

They are pretty much the same thing, save your money and get the P180 and use that savings for performance parts.

The changes to the 182 seem minor, but it was the difference between me hating the case and liking it enough to buy one.

shiny mirror finsh ;p

sexy black coated interior

save me to do any modds on it

and pay 75 bucks more

right now the silver p180 is $80 amr ( $120 upfront) at newegg. question is, how much better is the 182; aside ffrom the w/c holes and mobospace in the back? does the $40 -$60 dollar hike deliver something worthwhile? or is the p180 fine as it is

I don't know anymore. Some people say that the 180B is the same as the 182 except the color. The 182 has slots at the top and side of the motherboard tray to run your wires better and the 180 didn't before. Now some say it does. Plus the 182 has the back and top fan controls mounted on the outside of the case on the back panel. I guess the newer 180Bs have that now too? As far as the silver 180 that you are looking at, I have no idea about it. I would call Newegg and ask them if the case you are looking at is a recent version and if it has the notched motherboard tray, fan switches mounted on the back panel at the top, and if it has the w/c holes. Looking at the pictures at Newegg of the silver 180, 180B and the 182 models they seem to be different. The 182 has the above extras and the silver 180 and 180B don't. But maybe that's because the pictures are the older versions?

If the 180 at Newegg doesn't have the above extra features, I'd say it is worth the extra money to get the 182. The notched mobo tray makes cable management much better and the fan contols on the outside are more accessable if you want to change your fan speeds. But if you really don't care about those things or if you are tight on money, get the 180.

shiny mirror finsh ;p

sexy black coated interior

save me to do any modds on it

and pay 75 bucks more

Shiny mirror finish is the P182SE. The regular P182 doesn't have that finish.

Back