How much did you pay for your 2005fpw?

I am considering purchasing this monitor from Dell, because its the last thing I need for my new rig, but the price with coupons is 499.00. I have seen it down to 350.00 before, so in my opinion that is a hugh jump. The other option is purchasing it on eBay, which I have heard many horror stories.

Once again....

Do not buy the monitor off of E-Bay.

Chances are, if a user is selling the monitor on E-Bay, there is something wrong with it.

I paid $370 USD (~$450 CAD) for the monitor with free over-night shipping.

With tax to New York the price went to $401.92 USD.

You can get this price at almost any time of the year.

You need to call up Dell's Peripherals Sales line as a BUSINESS OWNER. (If you are not one then make one up.)

Haggle....

Keep haggling....

It may take a number of calls to get a good deal.

I suggest asking for a quote number (there is an official word for this but I forget...) and then call again looking for better while mentioning your current offer.

EDIT: So you know... It only costs Dell about $250-300 to make these monitors so be creative on the phone... Dell loves to play the markets and changes their on-line prices almost every day.

Got mine for $420 but if I had waited a week longer it would have been $380.

How's this for a price:

"way too much compared to you lucky bastards down south"

Free trade my ass.. :rolleyes:

I paid $384 + shipping.

After reading all the stories about the 2005 fpw with regard to the backlight bleeding and dead pixles, I would NOT buy it from Ebay unless the seller transfers the warranty.

Patience is always a virtue. I'm sure Dell will have the mother of all sales the weekend after you buy it from Ebay. :)

jwlam said:
After reading all the stories about the 2005 fpw with regard to the backlight bleeding and dead pixles, I would NOT buy it from Dell unless the seller transfers the warranty.
You mean eBay?

$630 for my first one when they first came out. $389 for my second.
Both flawless screens. I've always had killer luck with LCDs :)

I paid $440 shipped no tax on it...

a week later it was $380, but I can't complain I love the monitor and think its worth what I paid for it so... It was a little over 3 weeks when I decided that I wanted to go for the 2405 (just for 1080i/p) but I'd pass my 21 day period :(

How did you guys get yours for only ~380? I am looking to buy from someone for 450. Shoudl I go for that? Only 6months old, still has most warranty on it.

The $380 price was from the [H]otDeals section using two codes, no tax and free shipping. Right place at the right time. :cool:

TESLA said:
Chances are, if a user is selling the monitor on E-Bay, there is something wrong with it.
:rolleyes:
Bullshit. I've sold a lot of monitors and there wasn't anything wrong with with any of them.
In fact, I sold 8 2005FPW monitors right here in the For Sale section of this forum last month, and I've had no complaints from any of my buyers.

Some people do this thing called buying and reselling, ever heard of it?

MajorDomo said:
The $380 price was from the [H]otDeals section using two codes, no tax and free shipping. Right place at the right time. :cool:
And what a beautiful thing it was. *tear*

Hmm i've looked at the reoccurence of dell's offers it seems like they are around 20 days apart...

im still holding out too, but with the introduction of the 2405s i might be tempted towards them instead and just saving for a little while longer. from what i hear they always have sales at the end of their fiscal quarters...next one should be around nov...

I was thinking of going the 2405 route...but....

I had to get an emergancy hdd today at MicroCenter (side note...I am never giving another penny of my money to BestBuy or CircutCity) and I took a look at the LCDs they had there. They had a Samsung ( I think ) 24" widescreen there next to a Something 20" widescreen....not enough of a real-estate difference in my opinion to justify the price difference of the Dells. That is just me though.

So I am back either waiting for the Dell Deals again, or if someone sells me there 2005fpw for $390 shipped. *sigh*

Back