How much is my Macbook worth now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzio

Weaksauce
I have a late 2007 Macbook White, but I accidentally spilled water on the keyboard and now when I type e, r, t, y, u, o, q, w.... this happens... q1w2e3r4t5y6u7o9.. Also, the left arrow key, semi-colon key, and apostrophe key do not work.

The battery life is at about 60% capacity (3030mAh), and the case is chipped at the edge like many old Macbooks.

It is 2.2Ghz Core 2 Duo, and 4GB of ram.

My friend offered $100 for it. Should I accept? Or can I get more through Craigslist?

Thanks!

Just replacing the top cover/case will fix all the issues with the keyboard?

Just replacing the top cover/case will fix all the issues with the keyboard?

If you're lucky, while you're in there look for other water damage.

The case chipping is still covered by Apple and you could try taking it in just for that since they replace the top case and it's not like you'd put your warranty at risk.

Before you order parts, try cleaning the affected areas then drying them.

Just tried opening the top case up, but it looks like I don't have the right sized screwdriver for it.

I'm curious as to why you guys say that this case is covered by Apple even out of warranty?

Cool article, but I'm skeptical that Apple will fix a 2007 laptop. I have one too that has these cracking issues. I guess it's worth a shot right?

Make an appointment. See what happens.

the top case is covered. Its part of a quality program. They might call you about liquid damage, but just ask for the top case replacement and see if it starts working.

Alright I made my Genius Bar appointment for tonight, wish me luck.

Alright I can confirm that they will fix the old cracking macbooks for free. Mine should be ready in a few days.
The guy seemed very adamant that there is no way I would ever get a new macbook in exchange like that website says they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back