how safe is partition magic?

darw_n

[H]ard|Gawd
I have to adjust the partitions on a very sensitive drive (very important data), and I have no ability to back it up at the time.

has anyone had issues with partition magic?

I basically need to remove the partion

I've used Partition Magic many times and never had a problem with it (except once when it wouldn't see my drive and I had to use the built in Windows formatting tool).

On the other hand, I've never had the guts to do what you want to do, which is partition or remove partitions on a drive that already has data on it, because I'm not entirely sure it will work, and I hate losing my data.

i use partition magic 8 all the time to resize my windows partition so i can install linux to test out. ive never had a problem that was associated with partition magic.

Same here. Partition magic has yet to fail me, except it doesnt support ext2 or ext3 filing systems, so if you want to resize or delete linux partitions you have to use the windoze cd, or so its worked for me.

It has worked well for me. Used PM 6,7,8 all with no issues. I like PM8 the best, it is almost idiot proof.

Back