How tall are Corsair Vengeance

I'm building in the Corsair 600T. I've installed windows but I am having ram/boot problems. Not sure whats going yet.

Did you get it to post. I am still wating for one of my set of ram to get here, so I have not been able to try yet. when you build are you doing anything for static electricity.

Did you get it to post. I am still wating for one of my set of ram to get here, so I have not been able to try yet. when you build are you doing anything for static electricity.

Yeah I reseated the memory and then reset cmos and didn't have any more problems after that. Apparently a lot of people have to clear cmos out on the asus pro board for some reason. I updated my bios to the newer 1053 beta version(because I heard it was better for overclocking) and am overclocked at 4.6ghz at 1.3v stable. Went up to 4.8ghz but my temps started going past my comfort zone.

For static electricity I try to touch my powersupply or some other peace of metal before I touch a component just in case.

forgive the dumb question: can I just clear the CmOS before I even start. Do I just move the jumper back and forth before I put the SB chip in? or did you pull out the battery, or hot the Ram RTC botton?

How did you do it?

Last edited:
I have the regular Asus P8P67, my friends bought me the 16gb Corsair Vengeance ram kit for my bday.

So I'm guessing the the two boards are much difference besides the pcie slot, so I should be okay then.

This helps me alot, because I didn't know what cooler to buy.

got my cooler today and put my system together and i didn't have any issues w/ the ram and cooler. mine barely touches it.

I never got my corsairs, new egg messed up order. got my gskil ripjaws X, held them up to cooler, seems like they will fit fine, I may have to slide the fan up a bit to get them under but the new fan bracket lets me slide the fan up quite bit, but that should not be a big deal, maybe 2-3 fins will not get fan air, I will put the other fan on the other side and should have plenty of air flow. I got them for $105 on newegg bought 16gb it was soo cheap and will run in all four slots. I know it is overkill, but why not at that price. I am running a 120gb SSD boot drive so will use a small page file and virtual memory so it is good to have the RAM.

Anyone know if it will be an issue with a TRUE 120 and a Asus board like the Sabertooth? I was planning on 4 x 4GB of Vengeance ram.

Ram finally got here. Ochadd is right. It fits but it's touching with a little pressure on the middle of the ram where it's the thickest. I'm pretty sure it would be fine like that for long term usage. Crappy pictures sorry, I'm in a rush to turn this guy on.

P8uCr.jpg

AGRL8.jpg

Did this work out fine for you the past months? Looking to do the same thing and was a little worried.

Back