How To: 4870X2 Fan Control and Overclocking Profiles

Unlock overdrive.
Go up into the profile tab at the top of the screen.
Open it and go to the profile manager or whatever it's called.
Create a new profile, call it whatever you want, then at the botton click "Activate and save"

Now when you search for it via your appdata, etc. open "profiles" and use notepad to open your fan profile.

My screw-up was always forgetting to "activate and save".:D

Thanks, Ill give that a try.

so I just got my 4970 x2 and I set the fan to 100% and the clocks to 750/900 at all times. My xml was a bit different saying "CoreClockTarget_0" and "CoreClockTarget_1" when I went to the overdrive screen, it let me configure 2 gpus, each called 4870 x2, and each one was set to 750/900, but at the bottom it said current clock settings, 507/500. I first thought it underclocked for idling, so I started up crysis in windowed mode and kept the overdrive screen open. After playing for a couple minutes, the current clock settings were still 507/500. Is this normal, or did I do something wrong, or is the card messed up?

Also when running 3DMark vantage, the screen would flicker white and stutter.

And editing the xml wouldn't increase fan speed, so I had to use ExpertATI.

So in all, why can't I make the xml work and what's wrong with the clocks?

In overdrive there are two gpus I can configure 4870 x2 DDC and 4870 x2. The ddc is set to 750/900 in overdrive but it's current clock settings are always 507/500 in game while the 4870 x2 is 750/900. So how do I set both to always 750/900 and fan speed 100%?

hey guys, i have the same issue and was wondering if anyone knew what was happening, it would be much appreciated! thank you

I also can't get this to work with my Visiontek 4870X2. ExperTool works, but I don't like having 50% as the minimum. Oh well.

Update, I got it working, I had to mess with the fan controls that had a "_1" suffix, not the "_0" suffix for whatever reason. Now it works perfectly. Thanks for the help!

I can't get mine to overclock. the fans work perfect, I tried Core_0 and Core_1, neither works, in game/vantage/CCC it stays at 750 Core. The Memory overclocks fine.The core tested fine 800 but I can't get it to ACTUALLY go to 800. Using 8.5.2's

I have a question about the guide here...

The guide mentioned how to make my 2D speed match my 3D speed by modifying the CoreClockTarget_0, MemoryClockTarget_0, and CoreVoltageTarget_0 values. I only have a Want_0 and Want_1 (no Want_2). The Want_0 obviously is my 2D speed, so that is what I'll need to change.

The question though. Is I also have a CoreClockTarget_1, MemoryClockTarget_1, and CoreVoltageTraget_1. Is this for the second GPU, and if so, I assume I'll need to update the Want_0 values here as well, right?

Back