how to convert excel spreadsheet with macros in it to a website?

how to convert excel spreadsheet with macros in it to a website?

basically, I was given an excel workbook with a lot of VBA in it. they need it on their website so clients can use the input fields, go through all the menus, and it'll generate a report.

I searched and googled. Goggle turned up a software but it's $100. Is there anything free or can I use something I already have? (office suite, i have MSDN susbscription too)

thanks in advance

Convert the macros to Javascript, asp(x) or PHP? If the software works (look for a demo), the $100 might be relatively cheap if you're not a web developer.

Thanks for the reply.

It seems like none of the programs are capable of working with VBA.

Google Documents, Edit Grid, and Zoho Sheet are really cool ways to embed spreadsheets online, but again, they aren't working with VBA correctly. Edit Grid and Zoho Sheet will process it onto a page, but some of the buttons for the user to click on are not visible.

I've been googling, and it seems like it would have to be recoded :(

I'm working with somone right now that has more experience with PHP than ASP. Which would you recommend we use and why?

I'm working with somone right now that has more experience with PHP than ASP. Which would you recommend we use and why?
It probably doesn't matter which. It will take about the same amount of work in either case. Finding ASP or PHP programmers in the future for maintenance is equally easy if the guy who converts it is gone by then. I'd just make sure it's not written sloppily.

Back