How To Install XP Pro??

3l3m3nt

Limp Gawd
I'm having problems installing XP pro on my friends Compaq Laptop.... I go into the bios to change it so that the Cd-rom will boot first but it doesn't give me that option... It give me 3 different bootable devices..

I change them around so that the hard drive boots 3rd out of the three and I put the disc in and restart.... then nothing comes up and windows xp is booting back up like usual...then after xp has completely booted up the cd-rom starts to spin and the windows xp installer pops up... :confused:

Is there anyway that I can boot into safemode with command prompt and type something in DOS to install it??

3l3m3nt said:
I'm having problems installing XP pro on my friends Compaq Laptop.... I go into the bios to change it so that the Cd-rom will boot first but it doesn't give me that option... It give me 3 different bootable devices..

I change them around so that the hard drive boots 3rd out of the three and I put the disc in and restart.... then nothing comes up and windows xp is booting back up like usual...then after xp has completely booted up the cd-rom starts to spin and the windows xp installer pops up... :confused:

Is there anyway that I can boot into safemode with command prompt and type something in DOS to install it??

Probably not. Sounds like that laptop doesn't support booting from the CD-ROM. In the bios what are the 3 bootable devices? If CD-ROM isn't in the list you have 2 choices. Check the HP/Compaq website and look for a new bios that does support CD-ROM booting or build the diskettes and boot from the floppies. The disks will start the install which will load the CD-ROM drivers and the setup will continue.

Back