How to play WIi on a 2407wfp

Rogue4mula

Gawd
Hey,

I just got a 2407wfp... I have 6.1 megaworks speakers running on an x-fi xtreme music...

I know I can use the component for the video, but how would I get the audio to work?

I've heard something about a 2-1 RCA cable... can anyone clear that up for me?

Assuming those speakers have the standard stereo miniplug input, just get a converter from Radio Shack. (RCA -> 2.5/3.5mm stereo miniplug. I forgot the exact measure.)

can someone explain how to get the wii to play video on a 2007fpw?

could you play the wii with s-video on the 2007fpw?

The 2407 has 5 inputs, DVI, VGA, Component, S-cable, Composite.

The Wii comes with Composite so simply plug the Wii into the composite and switch to that input.

The Wii also has optional Component cables out that will give you better image quality so you could use those too if your lucky enough to get your hands on some.

I'm sure someone will make an S-cable for the wii aswell, but you won't see a huge differences over composite cables.

JohnleMVP said:
The 2407 has 5 inputs, DVI, VGA, Component, S-cable, Composite.

The Wii comes with Composite so simply plug the Wii into the composite and switch to that input.

The Wii also has optional Component cables out that will give you better image quality so you could use those too if your lucky enough to get your hands on some.

I'm sure someone will make an S-cable for the wii aswell, but you won't see a huge differences over composite cables.

i just checked dell's website and it shows the 2007fpw as having composite input, i should be ok then right?

I have a dell2007fpw and I confirm that you can use composite input on it.

You are likely going to have to use the audio solution detailed in the previous posts. Composite video goes into the monitor, but the remaining red and white jacks for audio will need to go into a Y-shaped adapter with 2 female jacks that trail into a single female stereo jack. From there, you take 1 stereo cable that's male on both ends and plug it into the Y-adapter, and the other end goes into your soundcard's line-in, or your speaker's line-in if it has one.

I personally prefer using the soundcard so I can adjust my console volume from the PC but it's up to you.

terrible because of wii's quality of graphics or just shitty because of it being on the 2007fpw?

frankyk said:
terrible because of wii's quality of graphics or just shitty because of it being on the 2007fpw?

it's a fault of the monitor in this case. Composite looks horrible with any device.

JohnleMVP said:

Yes you will. The difference between composite and s-video is much more dramatic than the difference between s-video and component.

Composite is worse than awful.

Composite will look bad in pretty much any computer monitor. The image tends to be very blurry. Computer monitors are designed for high resolution and progressive scan (every line).
Composite is low resolution and interlaced (every other line).

So the monitors composite input must double each line to make it progressive which hurts the image quality. Plus the fact that wii composite resolution is 720x480i stretched to 1680x1050.

If you don't have component in on your monitor, I think your best bet is to buy component cables for the Wii (hard to find but won't be forever) and a Component to VGA adapter (like x2vga). This will still only give you 720x480 but it will be progressive and the image quality will be a lot better.

Devnull said:
Yes you will. The difference between composite and s-video is much more dramatic than the difference between s-video and component.

Composite is worse than awful.

That maybe true, but S-Cable will still only give you 480i while component will give you 480p. If the Wii is anything like the XBOX 1 S-Cable still looked bad while component was very crispy. So crisp you cried for FSAA. It was a night and day difference between component in the HD pack vs S-cable on the advance av pack with the XBOX 1.

Back