How to properly install A LGA775 CPU?

Format _C:

2[H]4U
I found this article at PC Stats but I have two more questions after you insert the CPU how much force should it take to close the load plate? (Without the CPU it takes no force at all) and I bought a Heatsink/fan unit that uses the four holes and a backplate around the LGA 775 pins are those better then the stock Intel that use the 4 push pins? Oh I have a problem too my new build will not post:mad: Probably because I bought a used CPU off of eBay 2 for the price of 1 Luckily the seller accepts returns and I Will be returning them and then ordering an E2200 (I'm on a budget here :D )

Thanks

I will take some force to close the plate, but not a ton, note: MAKE SURE THE CPU IS MOUNTED CORRECTLY BEFORE FORCE!! but even tho it is mounted correctly you will need to apply force.

I don't quite understand your second Q....... it depends on the heatsink not the way its mounted.

Yeah, the CPU might be bad, or the PSU, one of the biggest premature shutdown problems is overheating which means you might have mounted the CPU wrong.........

I have an E2160........... whats you budget????

Well I already have the MB and 2GB of ram

Motherboard

Ram

I will get $60.60 back from that bad eBay purchase + my dad is giving $25 for helping him with his computer So I can probably get an E2220

Seriously, i always recommend only getting the E2180 for the 10x multiplier if you overclock, easily goes to 3.0ghz (51C load on prime). I had it previously on 320x8 for 2.56ghz (44C load on prime). If you are planning to keep it stock then nevermind.

I had an E2180 at 3.2GHz easy with a gigabyte board. I couldn't go any farther, even with WC'ing :(

the E2xxx and E4xxx are great OC'ers I just got an E1200 celeron dual core to see if I can push it!!!

as said above, it will take a little force to get it in. Just make sure your motherboard has the standoffs at the right spot so you don't apply to much pressure on one area.

i got my e2140 (1.6Ghz) to 3.6Ghz prime stable. but that was with phasechange.

Back