How to remove OS from secondary harddrive?

crhscoog

Gawd
I am a noob at this. I wasn't paying attention and reinstalled vista on my storage harddrive and now I cant go back to original OS on my original harddrive cause my secondary harddrive became the new "C" drive. so how do i uninstall/remove the OS from my secondary harddrive???

Reformat the secondary drive.

Or you can make sure that your primary drive is set to be the first drive to be booted from in the BIOS.

how would i make it my primary harddrive the first to boot. in boot options i only see that it can go from cd drives, to sata drives, to usb.

Your harddrives are SATA interfaces? Both of them? You can do this man. Since both drives have Win O/S installed, pop open your case and unplug the secondary drive. Power on the pc and have it boot of your primary drive since that's the only harddrive attached. Then, power down pc and connect the secondary drive. Your computer will now boot from your primary harddrive. You can then format the secondary drive.

thanks for the advice. i was messing around and i restarted and it went to a black screen to ask me which os i wanted to load. i loaded up windows 7 and just deleted the partition where i accidently had installed vista in. :D problem solved.

Back