How to setup the NEC 2690 for max text readability ?

ead

Limp Gawd
The topic say it all :)
So
What settings should I do so text will look at his best on this monitor?

Native rez, of course, everything to defaults, color and gamma hardware calibrated.

Ok I am using native rez
everything reset to default
And I don't have a way to hardware calibrate it :(
What can be done ?

amm no :(
The problem isn't that the text to small, but the fact that black on white (like I am writing here), just doesn't look sharp enough, the contrast between them isn't high enough, it is a little hard to read the text
The white is to "bright" and the black isn't black enough

each monitor is differnt and mine is 2490. sharpness is at between 35 to 40 in advance menu

mine is on the 26 as the default (after reset)
What more do I need to change or what to make it better ?

Ead,

You need to experiment a bit with it. We can't tell you what settings to use because we are not sitting in front of your screen. I find the text on the 2690 excellent and sharp at 26.2%, but you may not.

Raising the sharpness a few steps, sitting back at your normal sitting distance, and looking at the text is a good idea. If you like it, use it, if not, raise the sharpness until you find something you like.

Also you might want to play with the brightness control if the whites are blasting your eyeballs, and the blacks are not dark enough indicating low contrast.

amm I have tried putting the default factory settings
Than putting 0% as the brightness
but
Still not to my liking :(

You don't need calibration to get good text. I have a 2490. My text is razor sharp at defaults only change was brightness to 0%. I have caibrated since, but that really doesn't affect text quality.

At night I find even zero% too bright, so I do have a custom profile for that. But without a profile, you can switch on "low brightness mode" if it is still too bright.

I have really no seen better text than this, so I don't know what your problem could be.

Checklist:
DVI connected.
Native resolution.
Default settings except brightness to comfort level.
Low brightness mode if still too bright (or custom profile).
Windows/Mac cleartype equivalent on/off.

amm no :(
The problem isn't that the text to small, but the fact that black on white (like I am writing here), just doesn't look sharp enough, the contrast between them isn't high enough, it is a little hard to read the text
The white is to "bright" and the black isn't black enough

dpi changes not only text size but text shape as well, making it look sharper, thus increasing what you call "contrast" - I have been telling you 3 times.
It may or may not help you, as you are the problem in this case, not the monitor, but try it.

Leave the sharpness and contrast (50%) on the default level and use ClearType tuner.
And yes, increase the default font DPI size at least to 125 %.

Back