How would I make my new plasma look good with my 7800GT

Ok, what I want to do is use it for a secondary monitor for movies and then copy what game is on my screen to that screen.
I have it hooked up with component and it does not look warm, it looks very digtal and the text has like large halos around it.

Does anyone know the optimal settings for it and what I want to do with it?
These nVidia drivers are very buggy too... latest ones. (always buggy on my 7800GT)

TV here:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...=product&tab=2&id=1169512522404#productdetail

Ya, that is what I think I will have to try, but component should be good for up to 1080p, or am I missing something, usually component has a slightly softer image.

Like you say it should be ok but there may be a line attenuation issue or some other fault with component.
If you arent prepared to return the TV if found faulty on component, you'd best give HDMI a try.
If both fail, for sure you will want to return it.

That Tv is pretty pricey for not being 1080P.

No LCD fanboys please. I would like to keep my blacks black.
Even 1080p at 50" is almost overkill, 720p is great for movies and games, etc..

Can't wait to get that PS3 though, wish I could find a 60GBer though.

Like you say it should be ok but there may be a line attenuation issue or some other fault with component.
If you arent prepared to return the TV if found faulty on component, you'd best give HDMI a try.
If both fail, for sure you will want to return it.

Yeah, it looks bright and crap as well through component with my old 27" SDTV, but movies looked exactly like they did with a DVD player.

component and dvi really only share resolution. other then that the luminosity and color data is handled differently ie. analog wave form. this could very well be that same ends through different means though

i may be wrong but i understood component only patched 1080 interlaced at 30 frames and a deinterlacer combined frames to make a visible progressive image.

try a cheap hdmi cable with an adapter and just return it if there is no change. if the problen goes away return the cabe anyway and by a good quality dvi/hdmi cable from bluejeans, monoprice or ram electronics. as a referense i use avs and TGB for setup issues.

Eh, I will just order one from Monoprice. Actually it gives me more options through VGA when I use it's VGA input, and it supports the native res.

I think I will order both and try to get free shipping.

other then component big fixed refresh and sync RBGY and VGA are then same when it comes to image data. i would skip the vga and just buy the hdmi/dvi cable

Back