How's the Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3?

Does anyone here have this board?

How well does this board overclock the Intel Core i5 2500K? Can it handle 4x4GB DIMMs and overclock decently?

If it has an 8 pin 12v CPU plug, then it should overclock fine. Might have LLC problems at high voltages, though.

Best to check the gigabyte website. All their models are listed there with phases in the specifications.

Ok, the phases don't seem to be shown anywhere on their website (wow?). Anyway UD3H has 7 phases.
That being said, it probably suffers compared to the competition due to low phases:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews...8z68-v-pro-gigabyte-z68x-ud3h-b3,2939-17.html
This only applies when pushing the chips hard, though.

Last edited:
Best to check the gigabyte website. All their models are listed there with phases in the specifications.

Ok, the phases don't seem to be shown anywhere on their website (wow?). Anyway UD3H has 7 phases.
That being said, it probably suffers compared to the competition due to low phases:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews...8z68-v-pro-gigabyte-z68x-ud3h-b3,2939-17.html
This only applies when pushing the chips hard, though.

So in other words, it should be fine for a light to mid overclock?

So no one on the forum have this board? I'm kind of surprised by the lack of responses.

Sub'd since this board is on my list of possibilities and I'm curious about, as well.

So no one on the forum have this board? I'm kind of surprised by the lack of responses.
Yes to your first question, and no to your second question. Do a search for it, there are quite a few people who own the board here. In fact, I'm pretty sure some users have even made home reviews and posted it here.

It's Christmas, dude. Don't be surprised by the lack of responses. You should be spending time with your family and friends, right?

It's Christmas, dude. Don't be surprised by the lack of responses. You should be spending time with your family and friends, right?

Yea I am, but I have something call an iPhone 4 and iPad 2. No one can possibly be with their friends and family for every single possible minute. Hence why I make my posts intermittently.

I have this board (rev 1.3 with pcie 3.0) and a 2500k that I picked up in one of the MC combos. With the turbo multiplier at 45, the voltage at 1.27, llc at 5, and everything else on auto I am rock solid stable. Cooling is with a CM 212+ single fan. I have gotten it to pass IBT and prime at 4.8 but had to push the volts farther than I wanted to and also had to change a few other settings. I saw zero benefit from the higher clock speed and extra tweeking so backed it down to where I am now. I've not had any issues with the board other than after one failed OC attempt (not enough volts) I had to use the reset jumper to get it to post. I am runing 2*4GB of g.skill ripjaws x 1600 with the extreme profiles set and have had no issues. I suspect that when I add 2 more in a few weeks it will handle it without any problem.

Yea I am, but I have something call an iPhone 4 and iPad 2. No one can possibly be with their friends and family for every single possible minute. Hence why I make my posts intermittently.

Yeah but I'm saying you can't be surprised by the lack of responses on Christmas Day. Many regular people aren't going to be on forums on a major holiday.

I have this board with a 2600K and 4x4GB RAM. On my chip, I was able to clock up to 4.5 without touching any other setting although I did not do extensive testing at that. I am currently at 4.7 with voltage set to normal and offset at 0.1 (usually jumps between 1.356 and 1.368) .
RAM voltage was always steady at 1.512 (iirc) on auto but is currently bumped up a tad for stability (possibly due to 4 DIMMs being used) to 1.52 in BIOS (iirc) and is at 1.536 (have not tried to lower it yet to get it closer to stock). Using the F11f beta BIOS, no load line setting and PLL overvolt diabled.
This is stable, folded for 4 days straight on it and have currently had it folding while playing games with no issues (using iGP for now.. card to come eventually)

I have had it at 4.8 and had lockup after around 20 hours however that was before I realized it was RAM voltage that was the issue (it is common to have to increase RAM voltage with 4 DIMMS).

Overall, I'm pleased with the board. TouchBIOS works nicely for changing settings (requires restart) and I did use the EasyTune6 for overclocking initially but use TouchBIOS for changes now.

Running my 2500K @ 4.4 for a few months now. Zero issues at that speed with the stock Intel cooler. Everything set to Auto, with the exception of turbo of course.

From what I've read so far with an average bin 2500k: a better board and an aftermarket heatsink will get you 4.6 - 4.8.
IMO this board is the sweet spot for folks who like performance but don't want to pay top dollar for it. Obviously if you wanted the best you wouldn't be looking at this board. IMO it's priced midrange but offers close to enthusiast specs with good sound, solid o/c, PCIE 3.0, Virtu, USB 3, etc, etc.

No regrets here. Who knows, with a good aftermarket cooler I might get 4.8... not worth the $$ to me to bother to find out. I got the MB at Micro Center for $120 and the 2500k for $150, I have zero complaint that I can "only" get 4.4 rock stable for what I paid.

Just bought one of these + a 2500K at Microcenter.

Turns out it's a revision 1.0 version. Are those still supposed to be around? I'm not that familiar with the difference between 1.0 and 1.3.

Back