hows this p180 Layout

SippieCup

Gawd
i was planning to do it completely internal but unfortunately i dont see myself doing that now

a fan outside the case should be alright, though not the best :(

the only other modifications i need to make to the case are new screw holes for mounting the top and rear radiators, after i drill those holes they will mount well, but i know thats they will fit like that (cuz i placed them in the right places.. and it worked..

Also, would it be better to put the T-line right before the intake of the pump? i ahve it planned right before the res and it would be a tight fit in between the res and pump/

so how do you guys like it? im looking for any constructive criticism / flames that help me

P.s. I know you dig the MS Paint skills :cool:

P.p.s. the CPU block is the D-Tek Fuzion, the 8800GTX waterblock is by DangerDen

Reposition all your fans so they are exiting the case, especially the ones in the back and in the top. If you want a case fan put it at the lowest point you can. Heat rises. :)

Is there a reason why you're mounting 3 120mm BIP's in there? Space concerns or something? The loop would be much less restrictive with say a PA120.3 or MCR320 and most likely perform better.

You also have a micro-res and t-line? Are you using the t-line as a drain because you wouldnt really need it with the res. Res should feed into the pump inlet...

I don't mean to thread hijack, but where would you fit a PA120.3 in there? Aren't those rather large?

They are large, but I've seen some mods (wish I still had the links...) where someone added a 120.3 and similar to the top of the case by removing portions of the drive bays (or some other modification that allowed it to be installed in the top/front of the case.

Personally, I'd just go ahead and mount one on the outside (and am doing just that.)

i would however i want the case to look completely stock, also i need full use of the 3 drives bays i have left, so the only place a 120.3 would fit is outside of the case.

Eh the performance hit between choosing 3x 120.1 radiators over a single triple radiator would be tiny anyways. Just a bit harder to plumb!

Get some of those swiftech smartcoils OP, *trust me* you'll need em!

From experience with my P182, here are some tips.

If its a P180 you can mount a BIP in the back, you can't mount on top like that either the rad or fan(depending on order) will interfere with stuff on your motherboard, usually something in the I/O or the 4pin connector. Also for front rad if you use any other 120.1 rad it will fit without moving the 5" bay, the BIP I realized is about 5mm wider than all other rads, and you need it to be 3mm smaller. I suggest mounting a Rad below between the PSU and hdd cage, fan in front rad in back, the rad will have to go in sideways. I'm going to use two BIP's to cool just the CPU for now and go for a 120.3 to cool cpu and use the two BIPS to cool gpu. I didn't want 3 rads because then my whole case would just have tubes going back and forth. Only way to mount on back and top is if fan for top is also ontop, but to do that you have to bend the little tabs inside.

Hope this helps, I had all these great MSPaint plans for my case but once I got the parts things I didn't think of got in the way.

Hope this helps, I had all these great MSPaint plans for my case but once I got the parts things I didn't think of got in the way.

Which often happens, you have to take the extra time to research sizes and make sure it can actually fit in your case...

Which often happens, you have to take the extra time to research sizes and make sure it can actually fit in your case...

yep my biggest mistake was seeing other P180 cases watercooled but not P182s... I printed out a scale size BIP to measure things, but I didn't take into account motherboard clearance there. OOO also for mounting on the bottom you will need smart coils or 90 elbows.

yep my biggest mistake was seeing other P180 cases watercooled but not P182s... I printed out a scale size BIP to measure things, but I didn't take into account motherboard clearance there. OOO also for mounting on the bottom you will need smart coils or 90 elbows.

Which is why I went ahead and got this case :D
PLENTY of room for everything
stacker.jpg

You also have a micro-res and t-line? Are you using the t-line as a drain because you wouldnt really need it with the res.

yeah i am sing the t-line to drain, makes life easier than messing with a res, gives me easy bleeding as well as easy draining

and i know everything can fit in my case, i did measure everything out, i just made that mspaint diagram at 3 am and i have no idea how to do things to scale w/ paint. also my motherboard is an m2n-SLI, and if you look at the layout on newegg or something the BIP on top will not interfere with anything and can the tubing can be done with a little bit of patience (like someone else said, it is 1/2inch tubing)

if i could get into my highschool i would have done it in solidworks in about an hour, but meh.. its locked up =/

My first suggestion is to use one of the reservoir top attachments for the pump, if possible, which will allow you to combine the res and pump.

Otherwise, it looks like you're mounting your pump on its side. I would suggest not doing this (for no particular reason), and would recommend a different flow route to eliminate some tubing. Starting from the pump, with outlet pointing to the rear of the case:

Pump out --> GPU --> Rear Radiator --> CPU --> Top Radiator --> Front Radiator --> Res/Pump.

I would also suggest eliminating the front radiator entirely if it is feasible. If you want to cut something up, I suggest cutting the top of the case in order to mount a dual radiator in the top. I've read in several places that the Swiftech Quiet Power series are excellent radiators, second only to Thermochill. Swiftech also has mounting devices that may help you mount your rear radiator+fan.

If your going to remove the bottom 5.25" drive bay, I suggest you think about removing the 3.5" bay as well. That gives you enough room to mount a PA160 absolutely perfectly. Besides removing the 5.25" drive bay is the hardest of the two. The PA160 would allow you to cut it down from 3 rads to just two, and keep everything internal :)

My first suggestion is to use one of the reservoir top attachments for the pump, if possible, which will allow you to combine the res and pump.

Otherwise, it looks like you're mounting your pump on its side. I would suggest not doing this (for no particular reason), and would recommend a different flow route to eliminate some tubing. Starting from the pump, with outlet pointing to the rear of the case:

Pump out --> GPU --> Rear Radiator --> CPU --> Top Radiator --> Front Radiator --> Res/Pump.

I would also suggest eliminating the front radiator entirely if it is feasible. If you want to cut something up, I suggest cutting the top of the case in order to mount a dual radiator in the top. I've read in several places that the Swiftech Quiet Power series are excellent radiators, second only to Thermochill. Swiftech also has mounting devices that may help you mount your rear radiator+fan.

ok first about the radiators, i am using 120mm BIPs because they are free, pretty good reason right? my friend parted out a couple systems and gave me em.. so im saving about 100 bucks by using those.

next about the pump.. is thre any real reason to not mount the pump on its side?

also, where the hell would i get a resevoir top for a ddc? i didnt even know they made those, and do they work as well as petras top?

also, where the hell would i get a resevoir top for a ddc? i didnt even know they made those, and do they work as well as petras top?

Reservoir tops are nice, but they have the hurricane effect more prominent. I think it is better to put your reservoir somewhere else.

ok first about the radiators, i am using 120mm BIPs because they are free, pretty good reason right? my friend parted out a couple systems and gave me em.. so im saving about 100 bucks by using those.
Good enough. However I still think you could eliminate the front radiator without much, if any, consequence, unless you're OC'ing a quad.

next about the pump.. is thre any real reason to not mount the pump on its side?
nope. I just don't like sending water up-hill to the pump inlet.

This is the top I'm talking about. When completely assembled the pump will look like this, and essentially will have the modded top sucking directly from a reservoir. Can't make your inlet much less restricted than that.

Back