HP Blackbird Case: Now available

and Audi are owned by VW, so they must be great as well.

volkswagen doesn t own audi, they merged along with porsche at one point to form the VAG. There are two distinct corporate divisions, with VW, Bentley, Bugatti, and Skoda on one side; Audi, Lamborghini, and SEAT on the other.

anyway, lots of nonsense in this thread. no one cares what what you spend or don t spend your money on.

I can't believe nobody mentioned this...

$99.00 for shipping? WTF is that all about, they deliver it to you in a lamborghini to your doorstep? LMAO

$99.00 for shipping? WTF is that all about, they deliver it to you in a lamborghini to your doorstep? LMAO

It's delivered by a gaggle of Playboy playmates, actually. They bring pizza, cake, and beer, and they throw a PJ party to help you rebuild your rig inside it.

They leave as soon as you finish, and you're left with major blackbird blue balls.

It's delivered by a gaggle of Playboy playmates, actually. They bring pizza, cake, and beer, and they throw a PJ party to help you rebuild your rig inside it.

They leave as soon as you finish, and you're left with major blackbird blue balls.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!! lmao

Looking forward to see these cases on here if people here aren't too greedy.

If they treat it like all the other 5 blackbirds they have sold (I'm being unrealistic....4 sounds better), it get's couriered to your door in an silk pillow case sized bag, within an aluminium box (probably beaten seven shades of shite out of it if UPS have anything to do with it).

So your paying for a case, with a PSU, a silk bag you can use later as a pillow case, and an aluminium box you'll never use again, unless your over 21 and you fill it with ice to chill alcoholic beverages.

The case weighs like 40 pounds

Yeah it cost me $65 to get 2 TJ09s shipped to me (me and a friend bought em together to save $40 on shipping since we both were getting one). That was with no PS. im sure this case weighs more than a tj09 with that psu included. Plus the odd foot design proably requires some special packing.

@BronxBartoni: You guys are fucking retarded.

Agreed

@Bucken: I'd buy the Omen for that price. This case just doesn't wow me.

Well actually you can't even buy the case of the Omen. This HP case is designed by the same people who designed the Omen (hence, HP Voodoo DNA). If you'd buy a Omen for that price (which is not possible), then you may as well buy a Lian-Li case and carve out the Voodoo logo yourself on the case as thats what the Omen case is based on. Just rebadged. And the last thing is that Voodoo doesn't ship to alot of places on this planet. So getting your hands on just one of them unless your living in the Western Side of the world is impossible.

@BronxBartoni: You guys are fucking retarded.

Agreed

@Bucken: I'd buy the Omen for that price. This case just doesn't wow me.

Well actually you can't even buy the case of the Omen. This HP case is designed by the same people who designed the Omen (hence, HP Voodoo DNA). If you'd buy a Omen for that price (which is not possible), then you may as well buy a Lian-Li case and carve out the Voodoo logo yourself on the case as thats what the Omen case is based on. Just rebadged. And the last thing is that Voodoo doesn't ship to alot of places on this planet. So getting your hands on just one of them unless your living in the Western Side of the world is impossible.

The OMEN is not based off a Lian-Li anymore, they overhauled the company awhile ago and brought a new case design. Voodoo built it from the ground up this time around, and actually did a fantastic job with it.

The OMEN is not based off a Lian-Li anymore, they overhauled the company awhile ago and brought a new case design. Voodoo built it from the ground up this time around, and actually did a fantastic job with it.

You talking about these new breed of the Omen??
http://www.voodoopc.com/#/productsomen

Basically the HP Blackbird went through the same process as the Omen. But I like the LC 1300PSU they have.

You talking about these new breed of the Omen??
http://www.voodoopc.com/#/productsomen

Basically the HP Blackbird went through the same process as the Omen. But I like the LC 1300PSU they have.

Yes, they built the new Omen from the ground up, making sure each part meet X standard which is why it has taken so long to bring to market. You bring up the PSU is funny, because that was the part that held up the system the longest.

Really? wow....its a insane thing to cool a PSU with water coolant. One leak...well lets just say that everyone knows what happens next.

Really? wow....its a insane thing to cool a PSU with water coolant. One leak...well lets just say that everyone knows what happens next.

Not really. Your industrial transformers are cooled in liquid, its just non-conductive. Coolants such as fluorinert are designed for just such applications. In fact you can find retail products using these since ~2001 including:

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTMzNSwsLGhlbnRodXNpYXN0

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTUyOSwsLGhlbnRodXNpYXN0

So it really wouldn't take a whole lot ot cool a whole system including a PSU with a liquid ;)

Great case to buy for the recession. Granted it does look like absolute sex and I oogled one at MicroCenter. I can't justify spending that much money. I do understand this is a top notch case in some regards. Just wouldn't make sense for my mATX system lol.

Back