HP G62340US 15.6" Notebook Computer Usually $549.97 on sale for $399.97

might wanna put after $150 rebate in title.

that is a huge rebate.

I wonder what this company did before selling PC's. Over 100 yrs in the business?

hah

for 50 to 100 more u can get a refurbished hp tm2t tablet laptop with the culv core 2 duo processors with ati 4550 switchable graphics from ebay. not a hot deal at all.

oops thats before the rebate, not after ;). if you even get the rebate :p

Nevermind, I was gonna ask why people post such different things in deals threads, but if this tablet has a keyboard etc, I guess it's stupid and I don't want to put my foot in my mouth.

I don't buy anything from ebay unless it's hard to find and pretty cheap.

Last edited:
might wanna put after $150 rebate in title.

that is a huge rebate.

I wonder what this company did before selling PC's. Over 100 yrs in the business?

hah

They really are that old, they're based in the NYC area.
They sell a lot of appliances and electronics, mostly tvs.

Nevermind, I was gonna ask why people post such different things in deals threads, but if this tablet has a keyboard etc, I guess it's stupid and I don't want to put my foot in my mouth.

I don't buy anything from ebay unless it's hard to find and pretty cheap.

Isnt it amazing for a decade a tablet is a laptop with a pivoting touch screen and a keyboard. In 1 year apple steals the name advertising the crap out of it and now everyone thinks a tablet is a UMPC.

Just got it for $429 after rebate from staples last week,

DON"T BOTHER WITH THIS LAPTOP !

I installed my own Win 7 Ultimate installation, none of that HP default crap OS install. Went to download drivers from the HP website. It uses a wireless chip I have never heard of before Ralink RT3090. The driver is bad beyond belief. It doesn't even install. The description on the setup on how to install says, click next and all and when the windows 7 dialog box popups saying "This program might not have been installed correctly", click This program installed correctly. The installer doesn't even run all the way, it starts and then just shuts off. Needless to say the Wifi does not work.

It'll be a wonderful day when HP goes tits up. They peddle more garbage on the unsuspecting buying public than all other companies put together.

wolf2009,

Please try using the newest 7/29 driver straight from the vendor instead of the one from HP, and report back if you have better luck. Thanks. http://www.ralinktech.com/support.php?s=1
(second link in the list)

Personally, I've had better luck using drivers direct from vendor when possible - I only resort to the HP/Dell/whatever driver when I can't get something straight from the vendor themselves.

wolf2009,

Please try using the newest 7/29 driver straight from the vendor instead of the one from HP, and report back if you have better luck. Thanks. http://www.ralinktech.com/support.php?s=1
(second link in the list)

Personally, I've had better luck using drivers direct from vendor when possible - I only resort to the HP/Dell/whatever driver when I can't get something straight from the vendor themselves.

I tried it and found out what the problem is.

This computer DOES NOT have a RALINK Wifi Chip.

It is a broadcom 4313 wifi chip. I ended up downloading the drivers for that from the driver page of Compaq CQ62 225NR. Talk about HP failing their customers. :mad:

Back