HP L2335/F2304 and Apple 23" Cinema

Limp Gawd
HI guys..

I've heard that the HPL2335, F2304 and Apple 23" Cinema displays all use the same panel.

I picked up a Dell 2405fpw recently and don't like some of the picture quality quirks such as the overly strong backlight that makes greys look a bit "silver" or "chrome-like".

I'm considering the HP 2335 or the Apple 23' cinema display as an alternative because I've heard that they both use the same SIPs panel which SHOULD be great for gaming in terms of response time etc.

Can anyone confirm that the HP 23" and the Apple 23" indeed use the same panel, and if so, is the gaming experience and picture quality IDENTICAL ? Or do apple and/or HP implement the panels differently giving different response times/picture quality etc ?

Cheers

anandtech.com has an article on the L2335, head over there and click on their display link

shame that anandtech article came out before the 2405 so there is no comparison. As I understand it the HP has slightly lower response time in exchange for lower color quality. Personally I havent run into any issues with my 2405's response time so I didnt return it for the HP, if this is an issue for you I guess you could try the HP. Just beware the different mfg#''s, I think some are refurbs.

i would buy the hp (if i had the money). don't get the cinema, it is only a pretty face from what i read.

Back