HP LP2475w (Possible new IPS)

I got the HP LP2475W.

The stand is huge.......

The default setting is 6500 color temp. It's not bad, its less color intens than the Dell 2408! It also seems to generate less heat, but I dont have brightness on default 90.

There is big difference on K6500 color and sRGB setting. sRGB is more laid back, 'warmer', less intens colors.

K

Hello all,

I've just bought an HP LP2475w. I'm still playing with calibration, and after having it at D65, I notice variations in color when having the whole display in white. I wonder whether these are normal in a monitor of this kind.

Calibration was done with Eye-One Match 3, setting luminosity at 120cd/m2 and RGB values by hand (206, 200, 203). Brightness is 15 and contrast, 100. dE average at center after calibration is 0.65, white in Lab: (99.82, -0.72, -0.03) (dE: 1.06).

I measured white deviation on the corners. Average dE for all colors goes first, then Lab and dE data for white:
* Lower left. dE: 0.75, Lab: (99.60, -0.43, -1.03) (dE: 1.21)
* Upper left. dE: 0.86, Lab: (99.66, -0.11, -0.86) (dE: 0.89)
* Lower right. dE: 1.20, Lab: (99.66, -0.10, -0.75) (dE: 0.78)
* Upper right. dE: 0.99, Lab: (99.74, -0.38, -0.68) (dE: 0.88)

I haven't noticed any post regarding this issue here, but maybe somebody can answer my question on this.

Source: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1004&thread=29056916

Any ideas what he is talking about ?

Just got 2 LP2475w's..

I don't have too much to compare with, but it sure as hell beats the Samsung 245bw (TN) I returned last year (so happy I did, as i payed the same price for that screen at the time)

Initial comments:
The stand is not as bad as on the photo's.
WAY too bright as default.

Hey Moogle, I'm the author of that post on dpreview. Just checking if somebody could tell me by the numbers whether that kind of non-uniformity in white is normal or not. I think I'll be getting another LP2475w from HP anytime soon, so I'll be able to compare and decide.

I hope to know too :} Pablo.

By the way i found the Hazro with the parrot on it for a comparison versus the HP :D

HP LP2475W
dscf21238wb.jpg

Hazro
pc_TFT_Hazro_i_parrotphoto.jpg

My Dell 2405 FPW :D

here's the cool parrot wallpaper for whoever wants it :D

http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=jean_frances_paolo_rkbf.png

If I upgrade to this monitor coming from a 2005FPW, will I see an improvement in image quality, etc? I've been waiting for a reasonably priced 24in monitor, and this one seems to fit the bill.

$650 for a 24 inch HP and $750 for doublesight
such choices coming to us.

but its good to have such good two panels coming out at such proximity to one another. they both seem to be fairly comparable to one another.

Wow that parrot looks completely different compared to the HP...granted who knows under what conditions both were taken.

$650 for a 24 inch HP and $750 for doublesight
such choices coming to us.

but its good to have such good two panels coming out at such proximity to one another. they both seem to be fairly comparable to one another.

I think the prices quoted in the HP press release are not dollars but British Pounds. The 24in will probably be ~$1000.

I think the prices quoted in the HP press release are not dollars but British Pounds. The 24in will probably be ~$1000.

Unlikely. If I got mine for £428 delivered with no discounts I'd say the US price is close. You get things cheaper in the US too and have plenty of discounts compared to the UK.

^negative
*demmit, you posted too quickly..."negative" to the pounds remark.

It IS in dollars, read the thread

It clearly said $649 in the press release.

Still, those in the US might be better off with the DoubleSight. It's larger, has less lag, and the gamut is not as wide. They both have the white glow, so that doesn't matter.

The HP is a welcome addition for those in Europe though, where the only other choices are the NEC 2690 and the 23" Apple. Those in the UK also have the Hazro monitors, but that's it.

We need more IPS choices!

I really wonder what people expect to see on pictures (captured in sRGB) displayed on their current monitor can possibly tell them about how oversaturated a wide gamut monitor appears in person?? You are already looking at two steps in the chain that lower the representation compared to the real world. You won't really be able to tell much (more like nothing at all) from pictures about the extra radient colors.

Still, those in the US might be better off with the DoubleSight. It's larger, has less lag, and the gamut is not as wide.

The HP has 1 to 2 frames of input lag according to rmbag. The doublesight has less?

Test 1: The HP is on average 18,7 ms behind the Iiyama CRT.
Difference in ms per photo taken:
15, 16, 0, 16, 31, 15, 0, 31, 31, 16, 32, 31, 16, 16, 15, 31, 16, 15, 16, 15

Test 2: The HP is on average 21,5 ms behind the Iiyama CRT.
Difference in ms per photo taken:
0, 16, 32, 32, 31, 15, 31, 16, 16, 15, 47, 15, 16, 31, 16, 16

The HP does have more inputs and a newer panel doesn't it?

The DoubleSight has less than one frame of lag. It's only slightly behind a CRT in drawing the current frame.

The HP has more inputs, but not everyone needs them. The DoubleSight can handle a PS3, and hopefully the newer model will take care of cable box issues. It's still too early to tell though since it's not out yet.

The HP does have a newer panel, but the gamut is also wider, which means even more saturated colors than the DoubleSight.

The DoubleSight has less than one frame of lag. It's only slightly behind a CRT in drawing the current frame.

The HP has more inputs, but not everyone needs them. The DoubleSight can handle a PS3, and hopefully the newer model will take care of cable box issues. It's still too early to tell though since it's not out yet.

The HP does have a newer panel, but the gamut is also wider, which means even more saturated colors than the DoubleSight.

So with all you know about this monitor and the DS, which would you pick to upgrade from a Dell 2005FPW? I primarily use this computer for gaming, web browsing, and movie watching.

Finally my account has been activated. Now, who am I? The last few pages my pictures and videos of myself were published.
And the parrot wallpaper was also by me. So the money transfers will be accepted starting now :D

The pictures posted by me are not supposed to show you the real color saturation of the display.
Those pic´s were supposed to show a few guys in the german boards what tft it is and how it looks.
A few minutes ago i made a new pics in a complete dark room. So take a look at those ones. And again, no real color´s.
The pictures look never really close to the real display output. By the way, it´s pretty stupid to compare a glossy with a matt display....

Gameplay video from Portal
http://www.macico.de/uploads/record/DSCF2160.AVI

Thank you very much Steffen! Can I ask you a question plese? Would you recommend this monitor to other people? Are you happy with it quality wise?

Finally, how is the backlight uniformity - is it equally bright all over the screen?

Takeda Kenshi said:
So with all you know about this monitor and the DS, which would you pick to upgrade from a Dell 2005FPW? I primarily use this computer for gaming, web browsing, and movie watching.
Between the two, I'd choose the DoubleSight, but who knows what they'll screw up in the new model.

The HP is a welcome addition for those in Europe though, where the only other choices are the NEC 2690 and the 23" Apple. Those in the UK also have the Hazro monitors, but that's it.
We need more IPS choices!
Yeah, any IPS is welcome to markets suffering from bad TN "virus infection".
I just wouldn't be that sure about HDCP support in this HP because in last week I asked it from HP Finland and they replied that it lacks it...
And then pointed me to TN panelled L2245W even though I especially mentioned IPS panel as reason for being interested in LP2475w. (very badly infected indeed)

But actually there's one affordable 26" IPS in Europe, LG W2600HP-BF, and it looks like excellent gaming/general use monitor:
http://www.proadviser.de/en/monitore/review/2008/review-lg-w2600hp-part18.html#Conclusion
(near zero, max 16ms lag)
I ordered one yesterday but currently importer doesn't have them in stock so have to see how long it takes.

Hey Steffen! In that video you have a keyboard that I have never seen before... what is the model and maker of that keyboard? It looks pretty cool!

Thanks!

The pictures look never really close to the real display output.

Steffen, thank you for the pics and especially for understanding that pics of a monitor's screen have zero value unless specific defects or effects are illustrated.
Therefore I just regret your wasting time on that.
Nevertheless pics to illustrate design and mechanics are welcome (a couple of general views and connectors).

A question.
This forum has already accumulated almost a full summary of this monitor. Just a few things are not covered.
Could you please cover items "still to be reviewed"?
Thank you.

Hey Steffen! In that video you have a keyboard that I have never seen before... what is the model and maker of that keyboard? It looks pretty cool!
It´s a Apple Aluminium Keyboard. Why Apple? Because i use mainly my macbook pro with this display :)
Links to these wallpapers?
There you go.

And the hardcore users can download my whole wallpaper package. It includes around 7000 Wallpapers.

Steffens Wallpaperpack July 2008 - Art Only
2,5GB. .zip Format.

http://shor.de/?file=Steffens_Wallpaperpack_Juli2008_Art_Komplett.zip

Steffens Wallpaperpack July 2008 - GameWallpapers Only
1,3GB. .zip Format.

http://shor.de/?file=Steffens_Wallpaperpack_Juli2008_GameWallpapers.zip

vorschaubild_update_28f.jpg

preview_gamer87.png

Speaking of OS X. How well does the monitor function under OS X? Does the standard dvd player support OS X's color profiles? I only want a color managable video player, then I'm happy to fork over the money to buy this thing.

Unfortenatly i can't answer you the question about the DVD Player. In OSX the display creates it's own color scheme, but i changed it to the Adobe RGB.
I like it much better this way :)

Steffen: When you are gaming, is screen tearing very noticeable? From the video it looks like there is some tearing, but not very aggressive tearing like on some screens.

Do you use other software to play your video's then? Are any of them color managed, or is it okay in the sRGB mode?

Steffen: When you are gaming, is screen tearing very noticeable? From the video it looks like there is some tearing, but not very aggressive tearing like on some screens.
I can't notice tearing. The cam produces itself a little tearing because it only records at 30fps.
Do you use other software to play your video's then? Are any of them color managed, or is it okay in the sRGB mode?
I don't watch often videos on my mac. Sometimes i look a few .avi's with quicktime, but if this one supports color managment....dunno lol :D

Read it all, I'd just like to see it :). It just doesn't look like there will be anything in the future but wide gamut displays. Hopefully the software will follow...

On German forums I read some users talking about soms area's being a little bit brighter/darker then other parts. Anyone here have that problem?

Mines coming in about a week :)

Does anyone know how this will compare with my Dell 2007WFP (IPS)?

Otherwise I guess I'll be able to answer my own question soon :rolleyes:

Back