HP LP2475w (Possible new IPS)

bot 1 @ 500 on eb*y - made an offer to seller bodieiscool..he has sold earlier for 500..probably won't get cashbask
wait begins...

Hi Again,

After waiting over a month since I've sent my LP2475w back, I finally got my money back, and I'm not sure whether I want to order the LP2475w again.

I really do like the monitor a lot, but the white glow effect is quite annoying, but then again other screens might have issues that are even worse than that.

I would order it again if I could be sure that it doesn't have any issues, my previous lp2475w had some serious green hue issues, and I don't want to send another one back.
So, what should I do?, I have several options:

1.Order the lp2475w again, and hope this one is without fault.
2.Wait until HP/LG Display get things right (hopefully), and order when the problems with the current batch are gone.
3.Find an alternative monitor (if any exists).

I'm not sure what to do, I really do want the HP, but with the quality control issues right now I'm not sure its worth risking ordering it again.
If anyone knows another 24-inch LCD monitor that is in the same price range, and is just as good it terms of picture quality, input lag etc, please let me know :).

So, what would be the best thing to do right now?

You can use HP Display Assistant to adjust brightness, contrast, colour and white point, then save these to presets which are then selectable from the program when you want to change between them.

i thought i read on hp's page display assistant is for connections other than digital?

Hi Again,

After waiting over a month since I've sent my LP2475w back, I finally got my money back, and I'm not sure whether I want to order the LP2475w again.

I really do like the monitor a lot, but the white glow effect is quite annoying, but then again other screens might have issues that are even worse than that.

I would order it again if I could be sure that it doesn't have any issues, my previous lp2475w had some serious green hue issues, and I don't want to send another one back.
So, what should I do?, I have several options:

1.Order the lp2475w again, and hope this one is without fault.
2.Wait until HP/LG Display get things right (hopefully), and order when the problems with the current batch are gone.
3.Find an alternative monitor (if any exists).

I'm not sure what to do, I really do want the HP, but with the quality control issues right now I'm not sure its worth risking ordering it again.
If anyone knows another 24-inch LCD monitor that is in the same price range, and is just as good it terms of picture quality, input lag etc, please let me know :).

So, what would be the best thing to do right now?
The glow isn't so bad if you turn brightness way down to 10 to 20%. If you sit in front of it with your nose to the screen the background bleed will be worse, but so will be your eyes. Sit back a little :)
The green hue can be adjusted out using the custom temperature. Get a calibration device if you want to be sure your colors are exactly as they should be (though only in color managed OSs and apps). The eye one display 2 is a great hardware calibration device and the software is nice. This screen isn't perfect but I think it's a good compromise as a whole.
There are no panels around this pricepoint that are comparable that I know of (and I've looked very hard). There's one from philips with the same panel that's a bit cheaper but also lack a lot of inputs/fearures.

sorry guys but i've no time to read all the thread, can you please answer to this questions?
1) how do you find this monitor for fps gaming?
2) would you suggest this monitor for image quality?
i got a 700€ budget and i need a fps gaming good image quality monitor, there is better?
-THANKS A LOT-

I had the LP2475w for quite some time.

I played fps on it - mainly Battlefield 2 - multiplayer fps with vehicles.

The first one i got had a visible ghosting especially with fast bright/white objects on dark background. (jets in the sky) the 2nd one i got was better for some reason.

In terms of input lag its way better than any S-VPA based display i got before.

(DELL 2407WFP A04 and EIZO HD2441W)

The glow isn't so bad if you turn brightness way down to 10 to 20%. If you sit in front of it with your nose to the screen the background bleed will be worse, but so will be your eyes. Sit back a little
The green hue can be adjusted out using the custom temperature. Get a calibration device if you want to be sure your colors are exactly as they should be (though only in color managed OSs and apps). The eye one display 2 is a great hardware calibration device and the software is nice. This screen isn't perfect but I think it's a good compromise as a whole.
There are no panels around this pricepoint that are comparable that I know of (and I've looked very hard). There's one from philips with the same panel that's a bit cheaper but also lack a lot of inputs/fearures.

The green hue issue wasn't because of its color temperature, but because the panel had issues, I mentioned this a few pages back before I sent my unit back.
My LP2475W had an issue where 2/3 (on the left) of the screen had a strange green hue all over it, simply put, there seemed to be some serious color uniformity issues with my screen.

Reading through different forums I noticed a lot of people have issues with these HP's, many have had to sent one back, even several times, to finally receive a fault free model.
Thats why I'm not too sure whether I'd be a good idea to buy the LP2475w again, since there are so many issues with these screens, LG Display apparantely has some real quality control issues, and I do not want to send another one back.

Hopefully LG Display will fix these problems, so there wont be as many lemons around.

i was just looking around the wed and found this man Stefan Didak that got four of these monitors on ergotron arms take a look

www.stefandidak.com/office

Wow, I hope that guy has a good air conditioner :)

Anyway, I'm more interested in his computer desks than his equipment. I've been looking for something like that for a while (simple sturdy tables with a little shelf, no "skirt" to block monitor arm clamps, no crappy little storage hutches underneath to prevent me from putting equipment carts underneath, etc.)

Hello all, did anybody have a trouble with banding in gradients after calibrating this LCD and loading the color profile to LUT? After calibrating I see banding in the tones of the sky on some of my photos. Is there any way or solution how to fix that?

I've been using it for a few months no issues except that sometime when i move my monitor or adjust the stand, its a pain to fiddle the power cable so it powers up the monitor.

I used my OneEye2 Display calibrator using basICColor 1.4.9 and works wonderfully :D

Hello all, did anybody have a trouble with banding in gradients after calibrating this LCD and loading the color profile to LUT? After calibrating I see banding in the tones of the sky on some of my photos. Is there any way or solution how to fix that?

No severe banding here either. If you had to reduce some colors a lot in the monitors own color sliders to get your wanted color temperature (instead of using monitors native), it might cause some banding. But I didnt see much on mine when calibrated to 65K.

I'm looking into getting my first LCD and have been looking at this one. I do a lot of gaming but I doubt my vid card is going to run games at 1920 x 1200 very well. Does this LCD still perform well if I cant run games in this LCD's native res?

wow, what a read, but its been very helpful to me as my 19" CRT has died and im in the market for a 24", and have been scouring the web looking for incite into this display.

I've had mine for about a month now... I'm pretty happy with it so far. I'm still trying to adjust it to look the best. There is a huge difference in colors between my Macbook Pros built in display (crappy TN panel) and the wide gamut HP.

I do, however, have some seemingly software related issues in OS X. Sometimes, OS X related applications (Safari, Finder, etc...) will get a HUGE saturation boost and when scrolling, items will begin to saturate and lose color. I need to log out of my user and back in for it to be corrected. I also had an issue when I first got the monitor that would make that monitor display like it was out of sync. I'd shut off the monitor and turn it back on and it would be okay. Also, when coming out of sleep, it sometimes takes 3-4 times of "cycling" for the display to finally come on - my Macbook Pros built in display will fade in and out like the external display is being unplugged and plugged back in... my old Samsung never did this.

I've still got a pink cast on the right third of the display, and maybe a hint of green on the left 2/3 - it's not noticable unless I'm looking. I have to say, whites look white on my Macbook Pros display than the HP though... but blacks are WAY better on the HP.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Create a profile Matrix based and not LUT 16-bit.

Hi, I'm tihnking of getting one of these and wondered if the base/stand can be adjusted for height? If so, how? I had a look at one of these in a store but obviously couldnt start pulling and tugging at it. From what I could see the stand only adjusted for tilt and swivel.

Hi, I'm tihnking of getting one of these and wondered if the base/stand can be adjusted for height? If so, how? I had a look at one of these in a store but obviously couldnt start pulling and tugging at it. From what I could see the stand only adjusted for tilt and swivel.

The stand definitely can adjust for height. Like many stands I've seen, it comes out of the box locked down in the lowest position (probably to secure it for shipping). There's a button on the lower front of the central column that releases the spring-loaded height adjustment mechanism. The people who set it up in the store probably didn't bother to unlock it.

This monitor has great adjustments, height, swivel etc... Height is just locked behind a button as mentioned above, pressing it releases the height adjustment and you can raise and lower it as you please.

I just bought one of these ($580 USD) and after using it for a couple of days I couldn't be happier. I'm coming from a Samsung 204T ( the left half of the screen started turning pink).

I've never seen an H-IPS panel before so I wasn't quite sure what to expect as compared to an S-PVA. All I can say is, the differences are pretty stark. The two screens aren't even in the same league. The colors on the HP seem much more accurately displayed (even before cheated/cheap calibration). There is no color-shifting, no backlight bleed at all, no dead pixels, no hot pixels, no dead/hot sub-pixels (I looked with a magnifying glass to try and find any), and color and brightness uniformity couldn't be any better. The monitor is completely silent at any brightness. And contrary to some of the pictures I've seen in this thread, there is no pink hue on the right side of the screen, there is no green hue on the left side, and there is no vertical bar on the right side. Text is very clear and sharp without any red fringing (I don't use cleartype). I do sometimes see what could be described as red/blue fringing on text/vertical edges but I'm certain it is because I wear glasses.This is an effect known as chromatic abberation and not because of the monitor.

I honestly can't find many negative things to say about this monitor except for one nitpick and one aspect that maybe isn't quite so nitpickity. The nitpick is the rectangular part of the base is silver while the rest of the monitor is a nice unobtrusive black. The other is the absence of a polarizer on the screen. Without the polarizer, when looking at the screen from fairly extreme angles I see the "white glow" I've heard mentioned on these forums. It's almost like a kind of metallic looking sheen. It's not that big a deal as 99% of the time I'm looking straight at the monitor.

Originally, I was looking at the Dell 2408wfp but then came across the lp2475w. Man am I glad about that.

To calibrate the monitor I cheated by trying a few of the profiles floating around the web for this monitor which were made using professional devices. Surprisingly, of the three I found, all three provide good results. I use adobe gamma loader to load the profile I want at Windows startup. I've also tried some software calibration programs and calibration patterns (monitor calibration wizard, adobe gamma control panel, quick gamma, nokia, etc.) and the results aren't very different from the downloaded profiles, at least to my naked eye.

The firmware version is: GIG045 S-L0820
Panel: LPL LM240WU4

What's the best place to purchase the LP2475W from? I was thinking Provantage, they have it listed for $575. But, I've never purchased anything from Provantage before.

Thanks!

What's the best place to purchase the LP2475W from? I was thinking Provantage, they have it listed for $575. But, I've never purchased anything from Provantage before.

Thanks!

I just ordered one from Amazon for about $600 shipped. Trust source, low price.

I ordered mine straight from HP, figured if I had any problems, they would be best to deal with, it's their hardware.

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF05a/382087-382087-64283-72270-444767-3648442.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Even if you buy through another online retailer, you can still deal with HP as it's their warranty. With shipping and tax, it comes out to about $100 more from HP directly. They even list resellers on their own website so it really shouldn't matter who you buy it from as long as its new.

I pushed the button on one yesterday £321.64 direct from HP inc. 4years next bus day support , VAT+ delivery :D

If you look on youtube you can see that most of the videos are that of problem cases..

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=LP2475w&search_type=&aq=f

Is anyone else have problems with this model ?

Also since the sRGB preset is junk.. is a hardware calibrator necessary for this LCD to reproduce sRGB accurately ?

I am extremely interested in buying one of these as it looks like the best bang for buck out there in the 24" 1920x1200 market.

If you look on youtube you can see that most of the videos are that of problem cases..

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=LP2475w&search_type=&aq=f

Is anyone else have problems with this model ?

Also since the sRGB preset is junk.. is a hardware calibrator necessary for this LCD to reproduce sRGB accurately ?

I am extremely interested in buying one of these as it looks like the best bang for buck out there in the 24" 1920x1200 market.

It is the best bang for buck 24" bar none. You do need a hardware colorimeter (read the review by TFTCentral) but you can also download an ICC profile and adjust the settings (also found on TFTCentral's website).

Except on color managed programs that actually make use of the color profiles, but otherwise no. Saturation control helps in ATI cards and makes the image really nice looking and srgb-ish, but even then reds are bit inaccurate.

$470?! How did you get that price?

well i had to search HP's site.. their consumer end had it @ £460.00 or somewhere around there..
Congrats, you'll like it, awesome monitor.
i hope so, i currently have a Formac 2010 as my main screen and had a 19" Hitachi as my 2nd (mostly page layout) but it gave in after 12 years.. i now plan on having the HP as my main and moving the Formac to my 2nd :)

it should be here a week today :D

well im now up and running on my new screen, it came early, how cool is that! nice one HP :D

sorry if the colour is off, haven't calibrated yet..
107867185.jpg

Back