HP LP2475w (Possible new IPS)

The HP is better for gaming when it comes tos the sheer number of inputs and lower input lag compared to the NEC. The white glow isn't bad at all and pretty much unnoticable if you keep lights on at night. And wide gamut isn't an issue, it's a matter of preference. I like it personally.

How about when using either of these two monitors as a gaming display? Would the glow and wide-gamut issue be a better trade off because of better performance when using the HP as a gaming display compared to the NEC?

I just ordered the HP but if the NEC would be just as good as far as gaming is concerned I'm prepared to send the HP back and get the NEC.

I've had both, and I didn't notice any difference between the two for gaming. The NEC might have slightly more input lag than the HP, but it certainly isn't noticeable to me.

Agree that the input variety on the HP is a big plus.

The HP is better for gaming when it comes tos the sheer number of inputs and lower input lag compared to the NEC. The white glow isn't bad at all and pretty much unnoticable if you keep lights on at night. And wide gamut isn't an issue, it's a matter of preference. I like it personally.

I've had both, and I didn't notice any difference between the two for gaming. The NEC might have slightly more input lag than the HP, but it certainly isn't noticeable to me.

Agree that the input variety on the HP is a big plus.

Thanks for the info. For those of us like myself who are clueless when it comes to LCD's this thread has been very helpful.

About the only thing I did know about LCD's before coming into this forum was that I have never been satisfied with TN panel's compared to what I've been dealing with before, 21”-22” Trinitron and Diamondtron CRT's.

How about when using either of these two monitors as a gaming display? Would the glow and wide-gamut issue be a better trade off because of better performance when using the HP as a gaming display compared to the NEC?

I just ordered the HP but if the NEC would be just as good as far as gaming is concerned I'm prepared to send the HP back and get the NEC.

Please post back when you get it and let us know if you like the HP.

Please post back when you get it and let us know if you like the HP.

I ordered it directly from HP last week and they said I should be receiving it by Wednesday or Thursday of this week.

I'll let you know how I make out.

I ordered it directly from HP last week and they said I should be receiving it by Wednesday or Thursday of this week.

I'll let you know how I make out.

I am looking at the HP for the price if but if it does not have good text and play fps good I am going to pony up the big $'s and get the NEC 2490.

Did you find out what HP's return policy is for monitors?

Did you find out what HP's return policy is for monitors?

Yes it's one of the reasons why I ended up buying it directly from HP, thirty day's no questions asked if your not satisfied. They won't even charge a restocking fee.

Yes it's one of the reasons why I ended up buying it directly from HP, thirty day's no questions asked if your not satisfied. They won't even charge a restocking fee.

WOW the total price right now!

Subtotal: $569.001

EST tax: $46.134

EST shipping: $26.28

Estimated order total: $641.41

What did you pay?

Um, at amazon.com you can buy the LP2475W for $579 shipped. Also 30 days no questions asked return policy. They also pay for the return shipping. Though you need to specify that the item is "defective".

Um, at amazon.com you can buy the LP2475W for $579 shipped. Also 30 days no questions asked return policy. They also pay for the return shipping. Though you need to specify that the item is "defective".

Having to specify it is defective is not really "no questions asked". That being said, Amazon gave me no issues when I returned mine for the fuzzy text, so I guess there is some room for latitude on what defines defective.

Or were you just saying that return shipping is free for defective units? I just re-read it and saw that might have been what you meant.

Yeah, that's what I meant. If you say the unit is defective they'll pay for the return shipping. If not, then you have to pay for the shipping.

Cool thanks!

Anyone ever returned a monitor to Amazon?

Cool thanks!

Anyone ever returned a monitor to Amazon?

I did. They paid shipping both ways (actually Free Shipping on the way to me) since it was defective (fuzzy text). I would definitely recommend buying from them.

I bought from Amazon back in December. Thought about returning it (first panel had the tint issue and a stuck pixel) but just ended up getting the panel replaced by HP. I'm a happy camper now.

Hey I got a question for you 2475W owners.

Do you see yourselves keeping your lcd for years to come or will you replace it if something slightly more appealing comes along later? Like say that new LG with the standard gamut.

Do you see yourselves keeping your lcd for years to come or will you replace it if something slightly more appealing comes along later? Like say that new LG with the standard gamut.

Love mine and can't see me replacing it for a good while.

There will always be something bigger and badder coming out. With as much money that I spent on mine, I will be keeping mine for years, not to mention the fact that I'm very satisfied with these displays. It's not often that you find a DisplayPort input in addition to HDMI and DVI on current monitors like you do with this HP. This baby was meant to last. :D The thing that worries me about LG is their quality... it's pretty bad compared to HP imo atleast.

$539 at Provantage, also 30 days return policy.

Anyone purchased from CostCentral?

They have it today for 533.46 + free ship

830 in stock

Just noticed that this monitor has 2 model numbers. Anyone know what the difference is?

KD911A8#ABA
KD911A4#ABA

I'll probably keep it for some time until I really need to upgrade. It's a good monitor for the price and I'm happy. What's the new LG?

Just noticed that this monitor has 2 model numbers. Anyone know what the difference is?

KD911A8#ABA
KD911A4#ABA

The first code is the one you should be looking for. It's a "PROMO" number (no idea why) but it's the identical monitor for about $150-200 less.

I just ordered this monitor from Amazon for $579.91 with free shipping.

The return policy at CostCentral says no "HP" returns at all and Provantage says you must get HP involved to make a return.

It says "standard 30-day return policy"...

Direct from Provantage:

Return Policies
Each product sold by Provantage is covered by one of the following return policies:

Standard 30 Days Return
Products marked "Standard 30 Days" may be returned for a refund as long as the invoice date is not over 30 days, and the original package contents are complete and contained in the original manufacturer's packaging.
Manufacturer's Warranty
Products marked "Manufacturer's Warranty" may be returned within 30 days of the invoice date only with the prior approval by the manufacturer. In this case, the product manufacturer requires that the consumer (or "end-user") contact them directly with any returns requests. Returns for refund or exchange through Provantage require a manufacturer case number or reference number that will allow Provantage to process the return request through its distribution source.

It's marked standard 30 days return, not manufacturer's warranty. It's one or the other. "Each product sold by Provantage is covered by one of the following return policies:"

You still get a warranty, but the latter one means that you have to go through the manufacturer's warranty to get a refund/replacement/whatever. Not the case here.

It's marked standard 30 days return, not manufacturer's warranty. It's one or the other. "Each product sold by Provantage is covered by one of the following return policies:"

You still get a warranty, but the latter one means that you have to go through the manufacturer's warranty to get a refund/replacement/whatever. Not the case here.

You may be right about Provanage.

I have had recent experience returning with Amazon and they were awesome. So with this purchase its worth the extra $40 to know if I don't like it I can return it.

I will post my review and pictures as soon as I get it.

Thanks to everyone here for helping me decide on this monitor!

OK seriously, contacting HP support is THE WORST experience I've ever had.

What the hell is the trick?? The "Monitor" doesn't register as anything on their GD voice dialog system, and when I finally get a person they "look up" the monitor ant transfer me in an infinite loop (no joke) to other departments.

Really TO'd about this. I've tried and given up about 4 times now.

Once time I was on hold for an hour and a half before throwing in the towel.

Isn't this monitor sold in the "small business" department?

Is there a way to call that department directly?

Isn't this monitor sold in the "small business" department?

Is there a way to call that department directly?

Call the Small Business Tech Support and go through the "workstations" department. That's how I got there.

800-888-0262

I was wondering, is there a LCD without backlight bleed, the connectors the HP got and pivot at 24 inches?
It'd need a Luminance below 70cd/m². The HP's luminance was unsuitable for working in a dark room.
From what I gathered the NEC 2490Wuxi is much too bright (for me), the Eizo HD2442W lacks pivot and Eizo's S2431W lacks connectors and is as luminescent as the HP.

djt
Did you get it yet?

FedEx dropped it off yesterday afternoon, one day earlier then when HP said I would get it.

So far I don’t know if I’m lucky or what, but I haven’t found anything wrong with it, no stuck pixels, discoloration, nothing so far.

I’ve got it connected to one of the machines listed below via HDMI. It beats the hell out of the TN panel LCD’s I’ve owned before but that’s a given I guess.

I haven’t calibrated it yet and with the fact that I’m clueless when it comes to this also it’s going to take some research, any suggestions?

ASUS Rampage Extreme BIOS 1104
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 w/Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme
OCZ Intel Extreme Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
EVGA GTX 280 FTW (185.68)
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
WD VelociRaptor 150GB- XP Pro 64 Bit/SP2
WD VelociRaptor 300GB - Games/Programs
WD VelociRaptor 150GB - Vista Ultimate 64 Bit/SP2 RC
WD VelociRaptor 300GB - Games/Programs
PC Power & Cooling T1KWSR 1000W
LIAN LI PC-A70B
HP LP2475w

ASUS Rampage Formula BIOS 0803
Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 w/Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme
OCZ Titanium XTC 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
ATI 4870X2 (Catalyst 9.4)
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB - XP Pro 64 Bit/SP2
2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB - Vista Ultimate 64 Bit/SP2 RC
SILVERSTONE 1200Watt DA
SILVERSTONE TJ09-B
32” Samsung (LN32A650)

I haven’t calibrated it yet and with the fact that I’m clueless when it comes to this also it’s going to take some research, any suggestions?

Start by heading over to TFTCentral and using their ICC profile + RGB/Brightness/Contrast settings.

Also, please list your system specs in your signature and not in the post itself.

Start by heading over to TFTCentral and using their ICC profile + RGB/Brightness/Contrast settings.

Also, please list your system specs in your signature and not in the post itself.

Which setting on TFT Central do you recomend to use?
LaCie Blue Eye Pro?
Eye One Display 2 + BasICColor?

Thanks for the help.

I used the LaCie Blue Eye Pro settings along with downloading the ICC profile.

Excuse my ignorance but when I right click the ICC profile I get an “Install Profile” option but how does the ICC file install and affect the monitor?

I also used the settings listed along with ICC profile but unless I turn the brightness and contrast up the picture is way too dark.

Anyone know if there is any difference between the LP2475W and LP2475? I was asked the ? on another forum and thought I'd ask here.

Finally. Just received an email from HP. They report the replacement has shipped UPS Next Day Air and should be here tomorrow (it's currently in transit and on time).

I managed to get my RMA period extended to 30 days, which gives me until the 27th to make a decision. I honestly hope they don't send me some banged up refurb with crud firmware ...

I managed to get my RMA period extended to 30 days, which gives me until the 27th to make a decision. I honestly hope they don't send me some banged up refurb with crud firmware ...

You just jinxed yourself ;)

Back