HP N40L MicroServer & Home Server $249 fs

Is there any way to get a refund for the windows home server that isn't a huge PITA? I'd never use it.....Is it legal to sell separately in FS/FT here?

Considering they are 2 separate items... yes I don't see a problem selling it. My bet it's a sealed OEM disc with manual.

This is a great deal... I'm thinking of doing this..

Considering they are 2 separate items... yes I don't see a problem selling it. My bet it's a sealed OEM disc with manual.

This is exactly why it would be illegal to sell it separate.

To be legal, it is supposed to be sold with some sort of computer part.

This is exactly why it would be illegal to sell it separate.

To be legal, it is supposed to be sold with some sort of computer part.

Why? I can buy it individually from Newegg... I see no reason why reselling this individually would be a problem as long as you don't install it then resell the disk.

Why? I can buy it individually from Newegg... I see no reason why reselling this individually would be a problem as long as you don't install it then resell the disk.

Exactly. Are the MS police going to bust you for selling a sealed OEM disc? :rolleyes:

Just bundle the disc with a SATA cable or any other spare part you have in your box of old computer parts and the OEM problem goes away.

Well I bit! Got a couple HD's I can throw in there.

FYI if you're a shoprunner member, you get free 2 day shipping.

Awesome deal, I bought one. I'm going to use it as an HTPC and NAS, so my Gf stops bugging me to put stuff on the TV for her. :p

would this have the same capabilities as a PC and a server? I was going to make my parents a e350 PC and then have a external 2tb drive on the router to save movies and music and stuff. Would this be a better option? Or just put windows home server on the e350 PC? Already bought all the parts.

I ordered one. Missed it last time. Already have the drives for it, just debating on doing WHS2011 or Openmediavault on it.

Good price if you want M$ Home Server. I got one with the $200 MacMall deal and really like it so far.

I bit... Going to try and use it as a htpc. Was going to build an E-350 based one so I figure this is more powerful and should do the job. Gonna throw in a 6450 video card and I already have drives for it. Never used WHS2011, Thinking about just going with Win7. Gotta start researching.

Back