HP Parts: 256MB DDR ATI Radeon X1600XT for $57

it worked for me. I searched for EG131AV under 'By Model or by name' then selected the PC Board (Graphics) under 'by keyword'

It'll give you the chance to order after that

The X1600 comes out on par and sometimes just a point or two below the X800XL..

SMOKING HOT Deal though, Closest thing on Newegg is $115-$150!

The18thLetter said:
I've got an X800XL. Is an X1600XT really a step above or pretty much the same? :\
According to Anand it'd be a step down.

I'm really tempted to get this for my HTPC though. That AVIVO goodness appeals to me.

Order one. Are all the ATI breakout cables interchange-able? In another words, is there a good chance I can use break out cables from aother ATI card?

Also I assume this is not crossfire compatible, right?

If only I didn't have an x1800xl. What could I do with this?

is the X1600 the best Video Card HP offers.. Wonder if they have a deal on another Video Card?

How can you buy it. There is no price coming up now and there is no way you can add it to your cart.

buzzly said:
Order one. Are all the ATI breakout cables interchange-able? In another words, is there a good chance I can use break out cables from aother ATI card?

Also I assume this is not crossfire compatible, right?

It has dual DVI outs... so I am assuming it might be xfire compatible. I didn't order the card, I already have a 7800GT... A buddy of mine ordered it, and got it today. He claims that it is really this card: http://www.powercolor.com/global/main_product_detail.asp?id=94.

Ordered 2 for $130.20 lets see if they come.So the only thing will be missing is the cables and Drivers CD right? but there is nothing wrong with the cards?

Thanx OP.

annaconda said:
So it is Power Color X1600XT 256MB with Dual DVIs, it costs $200 at least every where else.

I'm not sure... he's going to test it with RivaTuner later tonight. For $57, its still a pretty good deal. Even the cheapest one on newegg is $115.

Smokin' deal.

It worked for me by searching for x1600, but not by searching for the part number. Go figure.

espressoman said:
I'm not sure... he's going to test it with RivaTuner later tonight. For $57, its still a pretty good deal. Even the cheapest one on newegg is $115.

But did he got with the original box & cables, please provide some detail if you can.

Thanx.

annaconda said:
But did he got with the original box & cables, please provide some detail if you can.

Thanx.

The deal is for the card only. No fancy box, no cables, no drivers. It's an OEM part from HP.

espressoman said:
The deal is for the card only. No fancy box, no cables, no drivers. It's an OEM part from HP.

Well even i just get the card for $57 thats enough :D

i had to grab one... i know a guy trying to save up for a x1600pro, he'll be ecstatic when i sell this to him for $120 ;)

:p

btw, 70.51 after taxes (NC) and shipping, and i PREFER no box or drivers... but no cables is not cool... but it is literally half of what u would normally pay so... meh

edit:

Got it... nice. Gunna get one for a cheapy PC for my sister.

Now I am curious as to what else I can get from them.

It's now showing:

Part is orderable, please call 1-800-227-8164 for availability.

It's labeled as an 'EXCH" - which I'm guessing means exchange part.. but then why would they offer it for $57 if it's exchange.

Viper87227 said:
edit:

Got it... nice. Gunna get one for a cheapy PC for my sister.

Now I am curious as to what else I can get from them.

Got it, as in you have it in your hands now, or ordered it? Either way im ordering it tonight. Bye Bye 6800, we had some good times together. Plus I have a HP lol, not that it counts for anything.

Lazy_Moron said:
Got it, as in you have it in your hands now, or ordered it? Either way im ordering it tonight. Bye Bye 6800, we had some good times together. Plus I have a HP lol, not that it counts for anything.

Ordered it.

edicted said:
It's now showing:

Part is orderable, please call 1-800-227-8164 for availability.

It's labeled as an 'EXCH" - which I'm guessing means exchange part.. but then why would they offer it for $57 if it's exchange.

Woudln't it suck if they expected you to send a new one back?

Wouldn't they have to doccument that though before allowing you to place an order.

Viper87227 said:
Ordered it.

So is therre any confirmation on it in your email from HP, saying they had recieved it blah blah, it is in the packing stage? For any of you people who ordered it already, any confirmation?

ordered one! this will probably be a bday present for my little brother, seeing as how his birthday is a week after the release date for elder scrolls : oblivion, and hes running a normal nvidia 6600 in his box

Did some checking... this shoudl work. Just for shits, I searched for radeon and checked out what a 9800 pro would go for.. and found this.

Under desction:

AGP graphics card - Radeon 9800, 256MB, TNP (GFX-R350, Tomcat2)
REQUIRES RETURN OF DEFECTIVE PART

Doesnt say that for the X1600... so we should be safe in not having to return a broken part that we dont have.

Viper87227 said:
Did some checking... this shoudl work. Just for shits, I searched for radeon and checked out what a 9800 pro would go for.. and found this.

Under desction:

AGP graphics card - Radeon 9800, 256MB, TNP (GFX-R350, Tomcat2)
REQUIRES RETURN OF DEFECTIVE PART

Doesnt say that for the X1600... so we should be safe in not having to return a broken part that we dont have.

Yeah see, that what I was worried about. If it is a part store, you might have to return something. But they are charging for it, so we should be ok. Either way im going for it!!

Lazy_Moron said:
Yeah see, that what I was worried about. If it is a part store, you might have to return something. But they are charging for it, so we should be ok. Either way im going for it!!

Some cards specifically say return, some do not.

Heres what really intrests me though.
Check out ER132AV. X1300, 256MB. $257.

Something tells me this is a price error, I really don't think anyone is getting anymore. One can hope, but im not getting to excited.

Back