HP to Buy ArcSight for $1.5 B

John_Keck

Limp Gawd
Just weeks after buying 3Par, HP is looking to acquire another company. ArcSight provides system administrators with a tool to monitor their networks for signs of hacking and unauthorized activity.
If the report is true, it will be HP's second big acquisition in recent weeks. On Sept. 2 it ended a bidding war with Dell, agreeing to pay $2.35 billion for virtualized storage vendor 3Par.

Well while we don't use this service @ work, I would have much rather have had to deal with Dell than HP even though my cousin works for HP:eek:.

As an investor in HP you hav got to be worried at the billions HP is throwing around lately willy nilly it seems.

It's not about big corps developing their own stuff. It's better off to come up with a killer app, start a company around it and then develop it to the point that you can sell it for the big cash out.

Well while we don't use this service @ work, I would have much rather have had to deal with Dell than HP even though my cousin works for HP:eek:.

Agreed, they looked to be a more attractive purchase BEFORE HP purchased them. :(

It's not about big corps developing their own stuff. It's better off to come up with a killer app, start a company around it and then develop it to the point that you can sell it for the big cash out.

... so then a company like HP can totally screw it up post takeover - because they have no idea what they are doing.

Back