HP TouchSmart tx2 LED Error

sdotcarter

Limp Gawd
My girlfriends HP TouchSmart (Touchsmart tx2 - 1025DX) recently crapped out. When I turn it on, all lights turn on except for the screen. The LED's by the caps lock and num lock keys blink once.

Upon checking the hp website it says that it is a CPU error. I chatted with a rep online and he said I'd have to take it to a service center. Problem is, their website doesnt list one within a 100 miles of Providence RI.

The machine itself is mint. No blemishes and from what I remember it was a pretty speedy for being a touchscreen laptop.

Anyways, I kind of want to save it because I'd like a 'nice' laptop. What do you guys recommend I do? I pretty inclined to try and go and replace the CPU but If I can pay someone $50 + parts that would be alot easier. What do you all think i should do?

HP Touch - Smart TX2-1025DX 12.1" Laptop X2 2.1GHz 4GB 320GB DVDRW Wi - Fi Microprocessor AMD Turion X2 RM-72 Dual-Core Mobile Processor Microprocessor Cache 2.10 GHz Memory 4096MB Memory Max 4096MB Video Graphics ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics Video Memory Up to 1982MB Hard Drive 320GB (5400RPM) Multimedia Drive Light - Multi 8X DVDR/RW with Double Layer Support Display 12.1" Diagonal WXGA High-Definition HP Bright - View Widescreen Integrated Touch-screen, Convertible Display (1280 x 800). Panel rotates 180 degrees and folds flat.

Edit:
I just disassembled the machine. I see nothing visable on the motherboard and the processor looks almost too clean. (# tmrm72dam22gg) Anyways if any of you are in the Providence area let me know if you think you can fix and maybe we can work something out.
Edit2: Motherboard is # 504466-001

Last edited:
Back