HP w2408 or w2408h?

Psitech

Weaksauce
One is DVI and the other is HDMI. I read somewhere that one uses Samsung panels and the other uses LG. I'm about to buy one and want to get the one with the Samsung. I've searched the forums and can't find a definitive answer.

Can anyone tell me which one of these is samsung?

I have the w2408h, whatever panel it uses has poor color tracking in blue colors, so the panel has a very distinct blue tint that is hard to get rid of. Later reviews after I bought mine (like 6 months later) don't even mention this flaw, so I suspect that's around when the panel changed (LG -> Sam?) There is an 'L' in my OSD for the model number, so it's probably like many others and an LM or SA or S signifies the brand.

Both panels are so similar though from newer reviews that you won't be missing out on anything buying the latest model. The regular w2408 definitely has reviews mentioning the color tracking being off, so buying a current H model would be a good idea I think.

Either way you get a 5ms panel with wide gamut color, no RTA, and a nice glossy screen. I don't notice backlight leakage on mine or any panels I've seen in stores. It's pretty consistent I would say.

Back