HP ZR24w vs Dell U2410 vs NEC EA231wmi

Nova8

Weaksauce
It seems these are the best 22-24" IPS monitors. I currently use a dell 2007wfp and like it a lot but want to go a little bigger, but only if I can find a worthy successor. Any opinions? Or are there any LED backlit monitors coming out soon that are worth waiting for?

If you need the inputs go with the dell, also the warranty on the dell is great. I had a usb port die on mine and they overnighted me a new monitor and all I had to do was put the old monitor in the box and call dhl and they picked it up at my house.

It all depends on your usage. Judging from the fact you only listed IPS screens (and the fact you own one now) makes me think you're not that heavy a gamer? Also, where do you live? Cause prices are also something to take into account (e.g. the NEC costs around double in Europe than in the US for some odd reason).

If you don't mind wide gamut, go with the U2410. It offers more video inputs. Otherwise the ZR24w might be the best choice. I'm in a bad warranty experience with HP atm, but that involved a laptop and the issue was hard to track down to hardware (they had me go through probably all possible software fixes they have). This would be less of a problem with a monitor I guess.

From my point of view, the NEC is too expensive for what it is: a 23" 16:9 monitor. But that's purely cause I'm not a fan of 16:9 for pc screens and cause the NEC is just too damn expensive in Europe (it actually costs more than the ZR24w)!

It all depends on your usage. Judging from the fact you only listed IPS screens (and the fact you own one now) makes me think you're not that heavy a gamer? Also, where do you live? Cause prices are also something to take into account (e.g. the NEC costs around double in Europe than in the US for some odd reason).

From my point of view, the NEC is too expensive for what it is: a 23" 16:9 monitor. But that's purely cause I'm not a fan of 16:9 for pc screens and cause the NEC is just too damn expensive in Europe (it actually costs more than the ZR24w)!

Ya i think I can rule out the NEC due to the aspect ratio. I'm in the US and I actually primarly either play games or watch movies but after going IPS I can't possible go back. I've never had any oddities or problems gaming on IPS.

As far as the HP vs Dell, I don't even use my USB ports on the dell I have now so inputs aren't an issue. I did have to return my first dell and got the overnight DHL so dell does have great customer service. And it looks like the HP is $100 cheaper (HP=$400, Dell=$500).

So as far as screen quality are they basically the same? If so the HP seems like the way to go just because of price and although I'm coming from a dell it seems the u24 has some issues. Also I don't do any photoshop editing so I guess I would rather not have wide gamut. So the zr24w is looking good. Now if only newegg would carry it :(

Back