HTPC addiction

Dman

Limp Gawd
Well I am now an addict. I had to go and blow $600 and build two HTPCS, one a backend server the other a frontend. I spent a week and a half getting Fedora Core 1 (linux) and mythtv up and running, but it was WELL worth it! My first system is a:
MSI K7T,
amd athlon 1ghz
512 mb ram
90gbs of storage
dvd drive
hauppauge pvr-250
some random geforce 4 card I had sitting around this is my server/backend
old enlight case :)

frontend:
coolermaster ATC
asus a7n266
athlon 2000+
512 mb ddr 266
160 gb Western Digital
DVD

now, I need 1 more tuner, or maybe I will swap the tuner into the frontend and it will record. I also need a tv-out card for the frontend.

The most wonderful feeling was after I recorded my first show with the hauppauge, the assistant, and I could just plop down watch it, and pause if needed, etc. I have learned a lot about Linux this past week and half, main thing I won't give up. Anyway just thought I would share my addiction with you guys peace ;)

I wish I had bought that Asus A7N266 tv out card, lol. Maybe get another GF4 MX?

I believe that Myth has some sort of "client" software version so that you can record everything on the server and then have it streamed to your frontend box.

I'd look into adding another card to the server for some dual channel recording. :D

Back