HTPC Blu-Ray resolution help!!!!

Hi,

I am about to buy a new pc, as my current one (specs in sig, the 6800 ultra rig) is getting a bit tired.

I recently bought a panasonic TH-37PX70BA plasma. It has a resolution of 1024x720. With my current rig I was unable to set it up to a 1024x720 resolution, so it over or under scanned or whatever it is, and so things were extremely fuzzy and the sides and top was chopped off.

My new rig will be a q6600 with a 9600gt 512 running windows xp pro. Will this be able to be set up to 1024 x 720?

I have bought a blu-ray drive Pioneer BDC-202BK 5x BD-ROM as well for the pc, i know that in theory 720p is in theory 1280x720, so will my plasma not show things properly?

Essentially in a rather rambling fashion, I am asking for any advice on how to setup my new pc to best show blu-ray. I also have the pc hooked up to a monitor running at 1600x1200. is it possible to have them set up as one at 1600 and one at 1024?

Thank you for any help given!

f

I found that sending a high res image works better than sending a lower resolution image, even if the latter seems to be closer to the resolution of the TV.

For Blu Ray, if your TV can handle a 1080p signal, just send it a 1080p signal from your player or HTPC, whether or not that's its native resolution.

May depend on how well your TV can scale such a signal, so I suggest you also try different settings and judge for yourself. But I found that image quality appears better when I simply send a high res 1080p image than when I send 720p, even if the latter may more closely match the native resolution.

Back