Hulu... for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch... seriously

Bahamut

n00b
Engadget was first to post but, it's up on iTunes if you're so inclined to give it a go. Most if not all users so far are complaining that the ads are still there, still being forced onto us even in spite of the $10/monthly charge. And I do mean most of 'em... the number of 1 star ratings is greater than all the others combined, by 3x or so... OUCH.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hulu-plus/id376510438?mt=8

I think I'll pass... ;)

Yeah I saw this is well, there are a few free things on the app which worked pretty well but for 10 bucks a month plus ads I will pass.

I can't wait for the netflix app to come out!

AFAIK, this is just a public test, and as such there is no charge... yet.

The real significance here relates to the battle against Flash.

I can't believe that even w/ a 10$/mo charge they're still going to push us ads... ugh.

I'm all for it, anything to get me to ace DirectTV completely. Between Hulu, iTunes, Netflix, and Blu Ray, I am completely covered for the kind of things I like to watch. DirectTV is far and away the largest annual TV expense I have, between the HD upgrade and DVR upgrades on top of the package I have. Nothing else comes close.

$10 for the shows (complete backlogs on most of them no less) I would otherwise watch on DTV or buy on iTunes is not a bad deal at all. Being able to stream them to my iPhone or iPad is gravy.

I can't believe that even w/ a 10$/mo charge they're still going to push us ads... ugh.

People pay $60-$100 a month for cable/satellite and have to deal with ads. Hulu + ISP costs comes out to significantly less than that. As for using your DVR to blast past ads, the single ad that Hulu has per commercial break is about as long as it takes to fast forward past several on your normal TV service. Considering the savings, IMO it is a very fair trade.

Problem is until espn3 becomes an iPad there's no way I can leave directv. I'm sorry but I'm addicted to sports. Granted I have media centers hooked up to my tv's live streaming of local sports still isn't there unless I want to pay the monthly online fee to view them. You get it for all the major sports and you might as well stick with directv.

Problem is until espn3 becomes an iPad there's no way I can leave directv. I'm sorry but I'm addicted to sports. Granted I have media centers hooked up to my tv's live streaming of local sports still isn't there unless I want to pay the monthly online fee to view them. You get it for all the major sports and you might as well stick with directv.

Being addicted to sports ought to mean you have a serious distaste for ESPN. :)

Until it looks good on larger screens, paying for Cable or Satellite is still completely justified IMO.

Plus I love the argument that it is cheaper to go iTunes, Netflix, Hulu, Bluray, etc. It might be, but it comes pretty damn close to what a lot pay for TV already. Those $10-$15 charges add up quick.

Plus I love the argument that it is cheaper to go iTunes, Netflix, Hulu, Bluray, etc. It might be, but it comes pretty damn close to what a lot pay for TV already. Those $10-$15 charges add up quick.

Considering what Comcast charges for HD access and a DVR, it's probably cheaper in the end to use all four of the things you mentioned in place of Comcast. Not to mention that Hulu, Netflix, and iTunes shows are all available anywhere you have your phone.

Being addicted to sports ought to mean you have a serious distaste for ESPN. :)

I do... I used to be addicted to sportscenter but a couple of years ago started to really hate sportcenter and espn in general. Unfortunately they have the television rights to MNF, 2 of the Tennis Slams, two of the Golf Slams, World Cup Soccer etc... so I don't have a choice but to watch what they broadcast :)

I do... I used to be addicted to sportscenter but a couple of years ago started to really hate sportcenter and espn in general. Unfortunately they have the television rights to MNF, 2 of the Tennis Slams, two of the Golf Slams, World Cup Soccer etc... so I don't have a choice but to watch what they broadcast :)

Of every event you listed, only MNF is marginally worth watching. Even then, they have only four apparently compelling games on their schedule: Patriots @ Dolphins on October 4, Texans @ Colts on November 1, Jets @ Patriots on December 6, and Ravens @ Texans on December 13.

Combined with the fact that their NBA free agency coverage is a joke and their reporters are some of the most biased I have ever seen, I wouldn't worry too much about losing ESPN access this year. ;)

As someone who enjoys the World Cup, let me be thankful that ESPN isn't filled with people who look at the ratings to decide what should be on.

You're in the minority.

Back