Hx850i wtf

Riptide_NVN

2[H]4U
Corsair didn't include 4 cables for video cards. I only get three 6+2 pin pci-e cables with this psu? That doesn't cut it for two 1080ti.

Yet they include two 4+4 pin eps/atx12v cables?

I don't get it. What am I missing here?

Er, the HX850i is supposed to come with 3x cables for video cards that have 2x PCIe connectors on each, I believe. So getting 3 cables is correct, since each should have 2 connectors which adds up to 6 total 6+2 pin connectors.

Corsair didn't include 4 cables for video cards. I only get three 6+2 pin pci-e cables with this psu? That doesn't cut it for two 1080ti.

Yet they include two 4+4 pin eps/atx12v cables?

I don't get it. What am I missing here?

Lol what? Nope.. it incluye 3x pcie cables and each one have 2x 6+2 pin connectors so they are in total 6 pcie connectors.

Yah I wanted to use one cable per but that wasn't possible. The manual to my seasonic recommends that for you 225+ watts. Oh well.

It's running now so at least I can test with it. I'm trying to see if my seasonic is defective.

If for some reason you *really* want to use separate cables, you can buy an adapter that will convert your second (presumably unused) EPS12V CPU 8-pin connector to a 6+2 PIN PCIe connector (something like this). But I wouldn't - the 850i is designed with multiple GPUs in mind, I would assume they would plan on you using both connectors from the cables or they wouldn't put 'em on there.

Yah I could also buy another cable from corsair for $5. In any case not sure I'm going to bother. I still have instability when running the mining client on the system with two GPU installed. Power supply apparently isn't the issue. Taking a fresh look at any other possible causes like BIOS settings and miner client/nvidia driver revisions now.

I may end up having to get a motherboard.

Yah I wanted to use one cable per but that wasn't possible. The manual to my seasonic recommends that for you 225+ watts. Oh well.

I wouldn't worry about it, I've used those dual connector corsair cables for years on 250w gpu's running folding@home 24/7 with no issues whatsoever.

Back