Hyperx 3200 2x512 mb 2-2-2-5 169$

Directron has a 4.8 for customer service on Reseller Ratings. From past experiance the only reason it's that high is that they won't actually just hang up on you.

HyperX, while not being total shit, isn't exactly at the top of my list either. A little south of the middle.

$169 is more than enough for much better memory, when not on sale.

I have 200$ to spend on a 1 gb 2x512 Dual Channel 3200 memeory. I asked around in many many forums, and most of them ageed on those hyperx.. If u suggest others please mention them here so I can check them before ordering the hyperx ones..

That hyperx is tccd modules... and directron is an extremely good online seller. Never had problems with them, plus they have cheap good power supplies.

Just off Newegg:

If you can do 3.2V, then get TwinMOS TMSP/400 for $54, so $108 + shipping for 2x512MB.

If you're stuck with a max of about 2.9V and don't want to do any of the several ways to get around that, get Crucial Ballistix for $102 each, so $204 + shipping for 2x512MB. But they have it refurbished for $88 which just means you'll have to make sure to memtest it right away, which would be $176 for two.

I'd go with the TwinMOS, it's extremely good and extremely low priced, only caveat is the voltage requirement if you want to get the clock very high. But again there are easy ways to get around that, OCZ makes a plug-in module for example that sits in one of your extra memory slots if you can't get high enough.

Only real reason to do TCCD is if you're going to try for around 300MHz clock, and that HyperX is unlikely to do it.

And you're rather lucky if you haven't had issues with Directron yet, or you just haven't been using them enough. Hit ResellerRatings.com and look them up. 4.8 in customer service is a pretty strong turn-off for me.

I never ordered anything online before.. Does that somehow make me a virgin in these forums? hehe :p

directron always rocks and they ship faster than newegg most of the time and have just about every single shipping option available as far as carriers. Great store.

thabub said:
directron always rocks and they ship faster than newegg most of the time and have just about every single shipping option available as far as carriers. Great store.

Meh, if you do Fed Ex I guess it might be alright. But I chose UPS from them, and they waited like 4 days to ship my order.

I order something from Newegg, I usually get it 2 days later with FedEx Saver. And the service side of things is definately way above average. It's nicer in a corporate account scenario or a smaller shop when you have a single point of contact to deal with instead of whoever picks up the phone, but for a larger operation they do very well.

TCCD without Brainpower I think, still a good price. Also never had a problem with Directron, and a huge Kingston fan.

Outpost.com has far better deals on this HyperX RAM than Directron. Somebody posted it for $120 before $20 MIR the other day IIRC.

Back