I bent my wookie

Vulcanus

Supreme [H]ardness
So I'm thinking about finally getting a replacement case for my current one which looks like this..

i_bent_my_wookie.JPG

And I was looking at coolermaster centurion 5's in black/silver, black/blue, but I really want to make my plexi case that i've been designing off and on since before I got my chieftec. My problem is I don't have the tools I'd like to start on a project like this :( as in I only have a dremel.

So finally to the point, does anybody know some price ranges for getting acrylic cut and get the edges polished or if there's even people that do it? I don't really want to go buy a case and tell myself its only temporary like I did with my chieftec and never get around to it.

What can brown do for you?

Packed it up in the original box + styrofoam + peanuts and they still managed to annihilate it. You should have seen the box. I consider myself very lucky that all the components survived.

LMAO! I'm sorry, but I just had to burst out laughing when I saw your case. I thought the thread title was funny enough...then seeing the case,...and the "what brown can do for you" link just topped it off!

I hope it was insured....wasn't it??? Make them pay for their insolence!

They dropped my SX1040 too :( It didn't come out that bad, though.

P.S. Wasn't it brown that bent your wookie, then?

I already went through the runaround with UPS about it, and they said it wasn't proper packaging and not their fault (parents didn't seem to think it needed to be insured). I had to take it in, plus all the packaging which was beat to shit and the manager or whatever at their shipping center that i went to said they wouldn't pay for damages to the case.

Vulcanus said:
I already went through the runaround with UPS about it, and they said it wasn't proper packaging and not their fault (parents didn't seem to think it needed to be insured). I had to take it in, plus all the packaging which was beat to shit and the manager or whatever at their shipping center that i went to said they wouldn't pay for damages to the case.
ehh, all packages sent by ups are automatically insured for up to $100 of its value.. that is probably how much the case was anyway.
go back to them and get more information and question them.

i don't really care anymore, happened like 3-4 months ago and I don't remember the tracking/shipping numbers or any of that BS.

Anyways, are there places that will cut + polish lexan or acrylic? Or do I have to improvise/buy some tools?

It should be covered. Whether you realize it or not, UPS and FedEx both insure up to $100 for no extra cost, for every box they ship. If it hasn't been too long since the damage occured, you should be able to make a claim.

I had a case come from Xoxide one time, that was heavily dented. Called them right away, they made the claim from their end, and sent out a replacement case right away, with instructions to me to hold onto the damaged case for 2 weeks. I asked them what to do with it after that, and they said whatever I wanted to do with it.......

So I sold the replacement case to a guy at work, for a small profit, then banged the dents out of the damaged case, and repainted it to a less ugly color!! LOL ;)

All I can say is ROFLMAO ROFL OMG OMG OMG HA HA HA HA YOU ARE AN IDIOTS UPS HA HA HA HA J/k but really ROFLMAO!

ohhhhh.

I bent my wookie rofl wookie rofl.

hahaha all these horrible stories of UPS or even Fedex destroying people's shippments, reminds me of the first Ace Venture movie....the opening scene!!!!! hahahaha, the simplest job in the world that does not require much brain power, and yet it beats them to get it right. I beats me!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Since everybody else seems to be just laughing at your misfortune and not answering your questions...

Yes! There are places that will cut and polish plexi to your needs. Your best bet is to find somewhere local. There should be a few plastics places around that will do that sort of thing for you.

The place I get my stuff from here in NZ is called Fab Plastics, and they are happy to cut as required. Last time I got a piece of red tinted plexi cut (approx 190mm x 350mm) it cost me all of $5 :D and they did it while I waited and polished the edges too. So even getting enough to build a case shouldn't set you back too much Moolah.

Vulcanus, since you're looking for an answer..

Have you thought about rigging something up to have the front door working again? This way people won't see your bent wookie :D Sorry couldn't resist!

Aside from getting the door to work, I don't see an easy way to make that case pretty again.. The money and effort you'd spend probably wouldn't be worth it. Really try to make a case with UPS, Just keep yelling at them and ask to talk to a manager. Something like that shouldn't happen.

Edit: Oops, sorry, I read your post wrong... I know nothing about acrylic cases :cool:

I guess it's true what Brown does to your packages. I've heard stories of guys who used to work at UPS who'd have contests to jam the smallest boxes in gaps in the back of the load. That's some SERIOUSLY gnarly damage to your case there dude, and that's even a STEEL Chieftec. I got an Antec SX1030 and it's one STURDY mofugga, did they run it over with a forklift or something?

And I was looking at coolermaster centurion 5's in black/silver, black/blue, but I really want to make my plexi case that i've been designing off and on since before I got my chieftec. My problem is I don't have the tools I'd like to start on a project like this as in I only have a dremel.

I know you also said you don't really want to buy a new case... but as some friendly advice, I recently talked to a cooler master rep and he told me that their new line of cases was due to come out pretty soon, I'm guessing by about christmas (although he didn't tell me specific dates, he just turned down my request to do a case review :rolleyes: ) so when those come out... they may look cool and you'll find one you like or if you already like one that's out now, it'll just be cheaper :)

the only thing i know about plexi/lexan is that they're prone to scratching and then they look like ass. plus after a month or two of dust build-up you'll have to completely clean it out. on the other hand, you'll be able to see when it needs the cleaning.

When a UPS package arrives that beat up, DON'T OPEN IT. Go to the nearest UPS station, ask to see the manager, then have HIM open it. If they say they aren't responsible, tell the guy that you can't be responsible for what your sledgehammer will eventually do to his car.

So far I've yet to have any damaged items come through UPS or FedEx, but it has to do more with the people, not the policies - nobody gives a shit about other's property anymore, and that UPS supervisor will understand that more than anyone. Just be glad that they didn't charge for adding a front intake ;) It also helps to mark everything as extremely fragile glass or fine china. My condolences, and give your parents a kick in the pants for us all.

AMDXPCottonFire22 said:
All I can say is ROFLMAO ROFL OMG OMG OMG HA HA HA HA YOU ARE AN IDIOTS UPS HA HA HA HA J/k but really ROFLMAO!

ohhhhh.

I bent my wookie rofl wookie rofl.

BAHAHAHAH. Screw all the postal services. I hate them all. They all have screwed me and no money back. They are just like women, can't live with them cant live without em

haha extremely fragile is like a damn target. I got a tv shipped a while back marked fragile and the tube was destroyed. Although I got a replacement for that ;)

Maybe I'll see what kind of cases coolermaster is coming out with. Or wait till christmas to see if I get some presents that can cut things :p

Is it me or is the case leaning to the right? :eek:

Wonder if CM's new line is gonna have BTX models or what... They've got the mid-towers pretty well covered atm.

nice case :eek:

anyone remember that story of the Quadro card that got DESTROYED by fedex? that was a mess!

(there wasnt an AGP connector when he got it, it broke off :eek: )

Back