I Can't Find Any New 6600 GT AGP Reviews

Umm...type 6600GT AGP REVIEWS in a search?...I just came up with like 30 pages of them

Ill have my MSI 6600GT AGP tommorow :D :D

i even saw somewhere that they had reviews of like 20 6600gt together haha

Headbust said:
Umm...type 6600GT AGP REVIEWS in a search?...I just came up with like 30 pages of them

Ill have my MSI 6600GT AGP tommorow :D :D

msi
:confused: y would u buy a msi product?? :confused:

Deftones290 said:
lol.. MSI had the worst HSF out of the whole 6600GT series.

why would you say that?
http://images10.newegg.com/productimage/14-127-150-02.JPG

Appears to use copper all around, covers all the memory, has a big fan, and the bridge chip has a seperate heatsink. Considering the amount of heat generated by the bridge chip, I don't think it's necessarily better to cover it with the same heatsink attached to the adjacent memory. If it were better to do so, Nvidia would have done so with the reference cooler.

from anandtech's review of it:
"When we began testing, we noticed that we had a problem. Even though MSI went with a mostly round design, there was apparently enough leverage between the two spring pins to rip the thermal tape loose from the RAM. Even at stock clocks, it did get way too hot and so, we needed to use makeshift clamps on the ram to hold the heatsink in place on the GPU.

the setup lends itself to easily pulling up off the RAM if the end user were to press down too hard on the opposite side. In fact, it seemed as if the spring pins held the heatsink off the GPU rather than down onto it"

see im not sure y people praise msi just like the neo 2, do a serach for problems with that board people here have been having with it

btw even tagans (sp) new rubberized cased psu still has bad results (typing that from memory from toms review) :p so who cares if it has a gold HS its the execution

Deftones290 said:
from anandtech's review of it:
"When we began testing, we noticed that we had a problem. Even though MSI went with a mostly round design, there was apparently enough leverage between the two spring pins to rip the thermal tape loose from the RAM. Even at stock clocks, it did get way too hot and so, we needed to use makeshift clamps on the ram to hold the heatsink in place on the GPU.

the setup lends itself to easily pulling up off the RAM if the end user were to press down too hard on the opposite side. In fact, it seemed as if the spring pins held the heatsink off the GPU rather than down onto it"

That's the PCI-E MSI 6600GT that Anandtech reviewed and has two pins, the AGP MSI 6600GT which the OP would be considering uses a totally different design which I linked above. (has 4 pins for the GPU/RAM cooler)

Back