I can't get the the left speaker working on my 700m

Strategy

Limp Gawd
I just got this from dell about a week ago and noticed the left speaker isnt working. I reformatted it right after I got it to wipe off all the crap dell puts on it so Im thinking maybe I broke something when I did driver wise. Ive set the speaker settings to stereo in windows and it still isnt working. Any other ideas short of taking the screen off and checking the wires?

Also can any other 700m owners chime in about the blackness of their screen. Mine seems ok until Im in a pitch black room on pure black screen like the boot screen or blank screensaver where It looks like I get a ton of light leak. Maybe it was just how it was designed and Im just too picky.

Edit: Well I just bumped the damn thing while it was on my lap and now the speaker works. There must be a short somewhere.

I've got a 700m. Both of the speakers work fine on it so it must be a short on yours. I'd send it back if it really bothers you, for me, laptop speakers are crap anyways so I wouldn't really care if one of them stopped working.

In regards to the screen, mine does the same thing in absolute darkness, but I've found that most LCD's tend to look gray in a dark room. Other than that, the screen on this thing is fucking awesome.

Like I said it works now after bumping it. I agree about the screen, god damn amazing. I love this thing.

Back