i-Clear. What is this and does it actually do anything?

That has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever seen!

It's just a bunch of solid state capacitors on a huge ass PCIE 1x card... there is nothing else to it! What the bloody fuck does this thing claim to do again? Oh man this is funny... :D

might be useful if your motherboard is so cheap they didnt put enough caps in it!!

Wow, interesting "device".

This could only be remotely useful for analog systems in your PC, such as an analog TV tuner and maybe (to a far lesser extent) a sound card. Essentially all it is a grounded plate between a huge EMI producer (such as a top-end video card) and some other device. It would have the effect of like sticking a notebook in front of a spot-light. The caps could help clean up the power rails to the PCIe subsystem if a large device hammers them pretty good.

But, all of this is "could" and "maybe". In reality, it wouldn't do a damn thing.

The cost of this thing brings it right into snake-oil territory. Say, I have a top-quality $500 Ethernet cable that will make everything sound better. Interested? :)

Wow, interesting "device".

This could only be remotely useful for analog systems in your PC, such as an analog TV tuner and maybe (to a far lesser extent) a sound card. Essentially all it is a grounded plate between a huge EMI producer (such as a top-end video card) and some other device. It would have the effect of like sticking a notebook in front of a spot-light. The caps could help clean up the power rails to the PCIe subsystem if a large device hammers them pretty good.

But, all of this is "could" and "maybe". In reality, it wouldn't do a damn thing.

The cost of this thing brings it right into snake-oil territory. Say, I have a top-quality $500 Ethernet cable that will make everything sound better. Interested? :)

Hey, the test did show that in a very specific, *just right* scenario, it will make a nearly impossible to tell improvement, so its not completely snake-oil ;)

Personally, if it came with a video card I bought, I'd mount a fan on it to make it useful.

if it came with a videocard i bought i would probrobly light it on fire or... see how it performs inside a microwave, its always fun watcing stuff i dont need blow up in there :p

Back