I feel cheated by COD Ghosts.

GRAFiZ

2[H]4U
I loved playing multiplayer in previous COD games and figured I would give Ghosts multi a try too. Picked it up on sale a few days ago, installed it and fired it up... only to discover, APPARENTLY NOBODY PLAYS IT!!!

How is this possible? I mean sure everyone online rags on Ghosts, claiming it's broken, and terrible, buggy and poorly made. This may be true, but I'm not seeing that when I play single player.

Is it a case of too much bad press... the whole concept of, "If everyone says it's bad, then it must be... even if they've never played it themselves?"

Anyways, I see no reason to hate this game, but I got screwed buying it for multi only to find out nobody is ever online. :(

Maybe your ports aren't open for the game? Not sure, haven't played Ghosts cause all I've heard are bad things. :(. I miss COD style games though, I had a blast in MW2 and Black Ops.

I suppose nobody is a better option than all the foul-mouthed children you could by playing against :p

There is so much information about how terrible the port of this game is. Like any review website you go to. Including how non-existent the MP community is. You sir didn't get cheated, you just failed to do your homework!

·PitBuLL·;1040616608 said:
There is so much information about how terrible the port of this game is. Like any review website you go to. Including how non-existent the MP community is. You sir didn't get cheated, you just failed to do your homework!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: <--- me reading your comment

lol :D

Actually I did read up before buying and was able to find data that indicated most times there are ten+ thousand people playing MP online. I assumed that would be enough.

But that appears to be incorrect. It's far far fewer.

I'm an old man by HardForum standards, in my early 30's now! :eek:

...the one thing I've learned from being a member of this forum and others like it for the past 15 years is that often when the "masses" tell you something is "bad", they're incorrect. The internet is the very epitome of "herd mentality".

So I do what I want and roll the dice, more often than not it pays off for me. This time, it didn't.

I will repeat though, outside of the fact that nobody plays, I personally experience none of the problems the internet tells me I should, so, again, the herd mentality was not 100% accurate.

Unfortunately, in my gaming experience, when the masses say something is bad, most of the time they are right. When the masses say something is good, most of the time they are wrong. But regardless, anytime I research something, I pay attention to the specific detailed reasons that something is good/bad. If people are being vague or their arguments are illogical, I know not to trust them. Still, every once in a while the "logical" information out there is just incorrect - not often enough for me to risk my money though lol.

It is well-established that Call of Duty has barely changed or improved since CoD4, and often, depending on the specific year's iteration, it has actually degraded. So it would be no surprise that a lower proportion of PC gamers buy it each year, and those that do quickly get bored of it soon after release (since they have been playing the exact same game slightly changed for years).

However, it is surprising to me that you are having THAT much difficulty finding other players in an "AAA" multiplayer-focused game released only a few months or so ago.

I always been a COD multiplayer fan because it was just fun to pick it up anytime of day and play couple of games and have a decent experience. However, Ghosts is a complete different story. I don't know what it is specifically, but it doesn't feel the same. The movements feel off. The time to kill timings are so off.

I played MP for a bit. I really liked some of the maps and am usually a fan of small map gunplay. However, Ghosts suffered from too few matches and then getting into a game became a pain in the ass. I think I gave up when I reached level 20 or something. Which is a pity since in past COD games, I at least hit prestige once before ADD kicked in.

Been playing BF4 instead and loving it. It is sad what happened to Ghosts. I hope no one bought the season pass since I believe, they are going to pull a plug on that or even if they put out a single pack, no one is going to bother with other ones.

The game is dead for me. I had a nice run with it when it was released and did not suffer from issues that people were talking about but then again, I have only had like 4 crashes to desktop in BF4 since its release lol.

Cod Ghosts is the shit man!!!

No it is shit though and the PC gaming community for it is pretty much non-existent atm (Oceania/Australasian lobbies), folks who got wet and bought the game out on launch day, played it for few weeks and quite the crap and went back to Blops2 or other games.

Bigger community on consoles though.

I think pc gamer just don't give a crap anymore, there is more people playing rust and DayZ Lolllllllllll personally even if there's the bugs, I much prefer bf series

Bad performance on release, cheaters, no FOV slider, cheaters, can get banned for 3rd party FOV program, more cheaters, game crashes, and cheaters put this game in the shit bed.

1300 people online last night hah

I can find groups usually I like Domination the best =)

If I can't find a Domniation group I just go for Deathmatch I think all of the other types are pretty bleak

In Hardcore you can find people too but prepare to get owned..

OP how could you not see that one coming?:eek: COD has been shit for years, they haven't made a decent game since MW.

You shouldn't feel cheated by Ghosts, it is what it is. You only cheated yourself. Use better judgment next time & stop giving your hard earned money to these shitty developers.

I was also pretty shocked to see it have very few players even back in late November when I got the game, far less than the other COD games I've always bought around launch.

I'm sure the console community however is far healthier. :(

You'd be foolish to buy the DLC, at least at the full $15 Activision is asking for.

BF4 on the PC is where its at.

Alright alright... everyone says I didn't do my homework, I did, I just did it from the wrong perspective.

That said, last night I was FINALLY able to play online, even with only 1400 people playing (which is crazy to believe the numbers are so low), it did indeed match me in team kill (I wanted to play domination, but only 4 people were lol).

Anyways, I LOVED IT!!! Great MP experience... really fun, took me back to the older Modern Warfare days.

Sure I play BF4 much more and will enjoy it more, but COD:Ghosts online experience was really very enjoyable.

Not sure why all the hate as I've not yet seen a reason to hate the game at all... BEYOND the fact that nobody else plays it hah.

MW1 has more players than MW2, MW3, BLOPS2 and Ghosts combined....if that's any indication as to how far the IP has fallen in the eyes of PC gamers.

What? MW1 is pretty much dead and has been for quite a while now. Do a refresh and look at the world wide players from a master server refresh in MP.

i enjoyed the shit out of Ghosts. for me it was better than the modern warfare series and they were good. BF4 sucked couldnt bare it and stopped halfway through

Player count has dropped considerably.
I think this is in part due to the banning of the FOV launcher. About ~10 people or so I regularly play with on Steam have stopped until there is an official FOV slider.

This is the playercount right now, 11PM Eastern......

QljZKZS.png

I play ghost every week you are correct in that there is not many playing.mainly domination and free for all
plus the new gun mode.look me up. freeman2100

Alright alright... everyone says I didn't do my homework, I did, I just did it from the wrong perspective.

That said, last night I was FINALLY able to play online, even with only 1400 people playing (which is crazy to believe the numbers are so low), it did indeed match me in team kill (I wanted to play domination, but only 4 people were lol).

Anyways, I LOVED IT!!! Great MP experience... really fun, took me back to the older Modern Warfare days.

Sure I play BF4 much more and will enjoy it more, but COD:Ghosts online experience was really very enjoyable.

Not sure why all the hate as I've not yet seen a reason to hate the game at all... BEYOND the fact that nobody else plays it hah.

Unfortunately this has always been true on PC since the introduced IWNET. TDM is about the only mode you will find matches in except in the month of release.

This is one of my concerns with Titanfall since it looks like it might be matchmaking and lobbies again for any sort of ranked content.

I don't play games without server browsers and at the minimum dedicated servers.

PC ports of COD have sucked for quite sometime. Black Ops (the first one) was probably the last passable port. But before that MW2 was just horribly bad.

COD is no longer worth buying on the PC. I feel bad for anyone that thinks otherwise. Its completely a console only shooter. I wish they would just stop making it for the PC altogether since they don't have any intention on properly supporting it.

Well, like I said, Activision got your money and they most likely don't give a shit if the game has unresolved issues or bugs, cheaters, hackers, etc, they only care about the sales of the game, which by the way, doesn't look like it sold well compared to previous releases.

Yeah, I noticed on Steam stats this game doesn't seem to have the high player count compared to previous CoD games, and I say good riddance.

id play ghosts but my network runs through ha proxy server fricken pisses me off. Damn i loved that game

I just prefer playing against bots in squad mode anyway, less cheaters.

So, are you saying that some of the bots cheat sometimes?

I bought the game when it first came out and the most players I've seen online was 13k.
I prefer to play hardcore modes and those have the least amount of players. I'll end up playing with bots, or just firing up BF4 or. Black Ops 2. .

Glad to see it finally die on pc. Game was a great MP with cod2 mods and cod4 was good too.

GOGO CONSOLE KIDDIES!! is all it is now.

So why is it dead? Does the game suck that bad, or is it something to do with the multiplayer component?

So why is it dead? Does the game suck that bad, or is it something to do with the multiplayer component?

I've only owned the game for a few days, but have been able to play MP since starting this thread... several times. And, I LOVE it. The maps are really interesting and unique, the gameplay is quick and mindless... it's good old fashion MP fun.

I also have BF4 and love it also... but it's so much more time consuming and involving. Ghosts is plain quick paced fun. Great for a 20 or 30 minute gaming session.

Obviously it's only been a few days but I've experienced no bugs or problems that impact gameplay at all.

I think it's dead because people on the internet made it that way. The herd mentality. The idea that if everyone else says it sucks then it must suck and if I don't also feel like it sucks then something is wrong with me.

As long as there are people online though, I'm going to keep playing... I'm having a blast!!!

Back