I finally got almost all 20 of my Consoles hooked upto 1 tv :)

I got a few Atari 2600 (one is a Telegames by Sears) and an Atari 800 that I should resurrect from my storage.

I used to have a

NES
SNES
N64
Gamecube
JVC X'eye (third party Sega / Sega CD)
Saturn
Dreamcast
PS2
Xbox

All hooked up to my receiver and my 4:3 Infocus X1 DLP projector. Had an Atari 2600 for a while also but at the time it was too hard to get joysticks.

Sold a lot of it off after my 2nd daughter was born. Figured out that I wasn't going to have time to play with it any more (totally true) and needed the money. Nowadays I'm down to just the big three...a modded Saturn in the closet...and a Dreamcast / SNES in a box under the bed.

Please oh please tell me that's your child's picture that's covered up by your box? :D That would be so much win it's not funny :D

lol no, my wife is pretty good with my gadgets clogging up space but that would never happen! Normaly that router is on the unit to the side but I used to it cover the pic up for the shot as I don't fancy lugging that heavy fucker away from the wall for one shot.

I used to have a

NES
SNES
N64
Gamecube
JVC X'eye (third party Sega / Sega CD)
Saturn
Dreamcast
PS2
Xbox

All hooked up to my receiver and my 4:3 Infocus X1 DLP projector. Had an Atari 2600 for a while also but at the time it was too hard to get joysticks.

Sold a lot of it off after my 2nd daughter was born. Figured out that I wasn't going to have time to play with it any more (totally true) and needed the money. Nowadays I'm down to just the big three...a modded Saturn in the closet...and a Dreamcast / SNES in a box under the bed.

thats why you save it for the youngsters to play. show them what real games are, like sonic, mario, and donkey kong. those original's make the new variations look like shizat!

thats why you save it for the youngsters to play. show them what real games are, like sonic, mario, and donkey kong. those original's make the new variations look like shizat!

My oldest loves Nintendogs and other animal-playing-simulators (she turns 5 this week). She's playing Zhu Zhu pets lately on her DS and Dance Central on the Kinect. I'm sure we'll get her playing decent games some day.

I was going to ask where the 32x was before reading your post.

Anyway why hook up a gamecube when the wii will play the games?

Hah if you are going to look at it that way the wii can replace 3/4 of those. The wii is a kickass emulation system once homebrewed. Only reason i still keep mine honestly.

god damn it your thread and this thread http://www.thecoverproject.net/forums/index.php?topic=4817.0 makes me want to start collecting games and consoles . wish i had the cash to match you guys.

/me kneels

Thanks for the link. Very interesting thread. And it appears that he spends a fairly small amount on his collection (he offhandedly mentions ~$100/mo.). He talks about buying most of his modern collection on CAG, and appears that he's done most of the renovations himself. I like his approach a lot, cool stuff.

Also, OP, I too would love to see how you've got everything hooked up. :p Neat setup.

No point in doing this. If you have the backwards compatible PS3 you're good for all three sytems. You definitely dont need PS1 hooked up considering all PS2s have backwards compatibility. You also dont need Gamecube hooked up because Wii is backwards compatible.

No point in doing this. If you have the backwards compatible PS3 you're good for all three sytems. You definitely dont need PS1 hooked up considering all PS2s have backwards compatibility. You also dont need Gamecube hooked up because Wii is backwards compatible.

But if you can do it why the hell not? Should he just throw away all those systems?

why does a dog lick its balls? Because it can....

Wow! That is awesome!

And here I thought I had a lot hooked up at 13 consoles. I saw a few consoles there that I don't have yet that I've been considering buying. I've found that I want two rigs though. One with a CRT for the older consoles and GameCube and up can go on the LCD.

As for this backwards compatible debate. It doesn't always work like it's supposed to. I have the original system, I prefer to use it. No problems and the game plays exactly as I remember it. Hell, I have an old DOS computer to play my older PC games.

But if you can do it why the hell not? Should he just throw away all those systems?

Who said throw them away? Just put them away in storage. No reason to hook all systems up when it just takes up space. The only reason you would do it is to show off and try to impress people, thats about it.

Who said throw them away? Just put them away in storage. No reason to hook all systems up when it just takes up space. The only reason you would do it is to show off and try to impress people, thats about it.

So instead of getting some use out of them your grand plan is to toss them in storage?

to clean the piss and shit of them...

Do you piss and shit from your balls?

Nice collection!

Those asking why you would do this have obviously never had the joy of using the Intellivision controller w/ the disc movement that was slow to react, or the Coleco's buttons that never seemed to work. Brings back such good memories.

So instead of getting some use out of them your grand
plan is to toss them in storage?

Do you piss and shit from your balls?

Once again, If there is no use for the system other than to take up space, yes I would put them in storage or sell them. But in this guys case, why sell them when they're pretty valuable and hes collecting them?

No, i dont. Dont be stupid and compare humans to animals. When dogs take pisses and shits, they're messy and sometimes get it on themselves.

Once again, If there is no use for the system other than to take up space, yes I would put them in storage or sell them. But in this guys case, why sell them when they're pretty valuable and hes collecting them?

No, i dont. Dont be stupid and compare humans to animals. When dogs take pisses and shits, they're messy and sometimes get it on themselves.

Nobody cares what you would do. The guys showing off his collection and you have to be a hater. Now if this thread was called "What would hak do with his consoles" people might care otherwise all you are doing is taking a big shit on this thread for no good reason.

You must have some retarded dogs.

Nice collection!

Those asking why you would do this have obviously never had the joy of using the Intellivision controller w/ the disc movement that was slow to react, or the Coleco's buttons that never seemed to work. Brings back such good memories.

You need to refer to the quote above yours. They aren't taking up space if he uses them. I'm sure that he's like me and would rather play the games on their original systems. If it were all for looks, then yes, it would be stupid to bother hooking them and I would also fail to see the point of having them taking up the space.

I have 13 consoles hooked up. Some of them are redundant because of backwards compatibility. I don't care, I play the game on it's original system because I want to. So, like Disposed said, you coming in here shitting on his thread is a waste of space.

Nobody cares what you would do. The guys showing off his collection and you have to be a hater. Now if this thread was called "What would hak do with his consoles" people might care otherwise all you are doing is taking a big shit on this thread for no good reason.

You must have some retarded dogs.

Obviously you care considering you quoted and replied to me twice and you're the one nerd raging at someone over the internet.

How am I a hater? All i said was, there is no reason to have all of those systems hooked up when like 4 of them have backwards compatibility.

Also he can "show off his collection" if he wants, but does that mean he needs too hook every system up? Nope.

Last edited:
You need to refer to the quote above yours. They aren't taking up space if he uses them. I'm sure that he's like me and would rather play the games on their original systems. If it were all for looks, then yes, it would be stupid to bother hooking them and I would also fail to see the point of having them taking up the space.

I have 13 consoles hooked up. Some of them are redundant because of backwards compatibility. I don't care, I play the game on it's original system because I want to. So, like Disposed said, you coming in here shitting on his thread is a waste of space.

BOLD...thats a stupid reason to play on the originals. At least come up with a legit reason. The ps3 plays ps1 and ps2 games better than they do on the original systems IMO. Dont bring up lag because I dont notice any when playing older games.

BOLD...thats a stupid reason to play on the originals. At least come up with a legit reason. The ps3 plays ps1 and ps2 games better than they do on the original systems IMO. Dont bring up lag because I dont notice any when playing older games.

Since when is doing something simply because you want to stupid? Perhaps it is to you.

I don't have a PS3, so I can't comment first hand but I had always heard that backwards compatibility was sketchy best with a lot of games not working at all. However, from first hand experience there were always issues playing my X-Box games on my 360. The Wii does a decent job but not all my classic games are available from my NES, SNES, and N64 on the Virtual Console. Not to mention, I don't enjoy buying them again. I already have them, buying them again would be stupid.

In the end, I grew up playing these games. When I play them on the original system it's exactly as I remember it. I'm a sucker for nostalgia. All this combined makes playing them on the original systems making far more sense to me. I'm sure this is the same for OP.

Honestly, I think your argument is the one that's stupid. This is the way he likes it and this is what he WANTS to do. You coming in and calling it stupid is nothing more than being a stupid troll. You don't understand and you're apparently to stupid to do so as we've pointed it out to you more than once but you continue to argue. :rolleyes:

Since when is doing something simply because you want to stupid? Perhaps it is to you.

I don't have a PS3, so I can't comment first hand but I had always heard that backwards compatibility was sketchy best with a lot of games not working at all. However, from first hand experience there were always issues playing my X-Box games on my 360. The Wii does a decent job but not all my classic games are available from my NES, SNES, and N64 on the Virtual Console. Not to mention, I don't enjoy buying them again. I already have them, buying them again would be stupid.

In the end, I grew up playing these games. When I play them on the original system it's exactly as I remember it. I'm a sucker for nostalgia. All this combined makes playing them on the original systems making far more sense to me. I'm sure this is the same for OP.

Honestly, I think your argument is the one that's stupid. This is the way he likes it and this is what he WANTS to do. You coming in and calling it stupid is nothing more than being a stupid troll. You don't understand and you're apparently to stupid to do so as we've pointed it out to you more than once but you continue to argue. :rolleyes:

I never once said ANYTHING about NES, SNES, or N64. I said there is no point for Gamecube when wii plays gamecube games, no point for PS1 and PS2 because PS3 does both. So please stop putting words into my mouth.

I also never said this thread was stupid, I said your argument was stupid, so once again stop putting words in my mouth.

All of my ps1 and ps2 games work and they all play fine. But who cares anyway? Its not like people are going to play every single ps1 and ps2 game nowadays unless they have no life and have too much time on their hands.

Also, do you look at the consoles while playing? Because I grew up playing old games but when a systems has backwards compatibility and plays the same game just fine...Its exactly how I remember it.

To end it, you're obviously butt hurt or you're gay for the OP. All i said was "theres no point for all systems to be hooked when 3 or 4 do backwards compatibility." Nothing you say to me is going to convince me there is a point so dont waste your time. Like I said I own PS3 and Wii and they both play my backwards compatibility games fine.

Last edited:
He has the space. He has the stuff. He likes it. You (hak) are not making a valid point.They're game systems -- it's not like anyone needs them. They're not any more necessary than any other. So...move on. Please.

once i found out about emulators, i threw away all my old systems. why hook them up hak? i agree wholeheartedly with every text piece you sent.

--regards

Hak, I'm pretty sure you don't understand the values of what [H] stands for. If you have no respect (or understanding for that matter) for the things we take pride in and how we present it, then I suggest you remove your account and go troll Break.com comments or whatever it is you enjoy.

What the OP has done is accomplished a collection that most of us could only dream about. If you can't appreciate what he's doing because you believe that having only the newest and most expensive equipment possible makes for an acceptable set up then I refer you to my second sentence.

Just report the dudes posts and let the admins sort it out. He is probably just spamming to 100 to rip people off in fs/ft.

Back