I fnally took the plunge into SWG...

SuddenDemise

Limp Gawd
So I went out and bought SW: The Total Experience...And I'm just kickin back waiting for the patching to finish...and I was wondering if anyone suggest some kool things to do once in the game, like some pointers to get started with? thanxs

~J()sh

fun game, pick one of the following servers:

corbantis
ahazi
bria
eclipse

most populated servers in no order...

yes you do have to pay. as to the pointers, it really depends a lot on what you want to do. if you like shooting crap, do something with rifles/carbines/pistols. if not, do teras kasi or w/e the melee stuff is called. im pretty sure if you want to be a jedi you ahve to start with teras kasi as your proffession. if you want to venture off into more interesting things try creature handler, but they've had quite a few problems with that proffesion that the dev's are fixing, but its gotten pretty bad that even i've given up on it. the other proffesions i dont know much about (crafting guns/ medic/ dancing) but thats something you might want to try too. i just found it easier to start with my gun and kill crap outside the cities. oh um, when you bought this pack you get a 'barc speeder', that comes with teh rage of the wookies exp pack. this speeder is only for those who actaully went out and bought the pack instead of updating it online, so its worth quite a lot. from what i hear, dont sell it for under 3 million credits. good luck and welcome to the star wars galaxy!

edit: go to ahazi ;)

I dont have to pay it for the first month, you get the first month for free as I'm sure you are all aware...

Now may be a decent time to start SWG... But before the revamp, the game was fun. After the revamp, I dont think people even play it anymore :p But yeah, you may like it how it is now, but its almost a guarenteed fact that if you had played before the revamp, and then after, you wouldnt be playing still. Just my 2 cents.

So many people left the game when they made it EQ stile, they had to advertise it on TV to get their money back. Ahazi is a good server, last time I played, people are a bit more friendly on that server, tho stay away from Shadows guild (unless of course ur going IMP... pricks). BTW good luck advancing in the game, they got ppl there with "pre nerf" weapons that just ruin the game.

My recommendation is uninstall / delete swg. :p The game had alot of potential but SOE has done there best to ruin it.

a36steel said:
My recommendation is uninstall / delete swg. :p The game had alot of potential but SOE has done there best to ruin it.
QFE

Anyone play on starsider?

SWG was my pick for 2004's worst game. Even by my low expectations for MMO's it sucks hard. The revamp sounds like they made it better, but I am kind of doubting it. Any Star Wars game that shipped without having ships in it, is lame.

Firespyer said:
QFE

Anyone play on starsider?

I played on Starsider, and still have an account active. I just check my mail here and there and see what friends are doing.

Back