I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

I wouldn't cite the airflow as a plus on this case. It really needs a blow hole or a PCI slot fan at the top of the case to get rid of the hot air up at the top.

Not to sound dickish, but I what I meant by unique airflow design is just that - its different. Its not perfect, but it is definitely not something you see in every case. It was one of the intriguing points of the case that actually caused me to buy it.

I like the reverse airflow design a lot. It allows the coolest air possible to be pushed through my Thermalright Ultra Extreme HS.

Not to sound dickish, but I what I meant by unique airflow design is just that - its different. Its not perfect, but it is definitely not something you see in every case. It was one of the intriguing points of the case that actually caused me to buy it.

I like the reverse airflow design a lot. It allows the coolest air possible to be pushed through my Thermalright Ultra Extreme HS.

It's definitely an interesting design, my problem is that the airflow coming out the front really doesn't get disapated well with the front cover in place. I can drop my case temps 4-5C just by taking off the front cover and allowing the fan to blow unimpeded. Also, the "traditional" design allows hot air from the top of the case to be removed. A high end user pretty much needs to mod the case for a blowhole or buy a PCI slot fan (or the Lian-Li BS-03). Yes, you are correct though, the Ultra Extreme does get nice cool air which is a plus, but it seems like hot air from other components gets trapped.

I think a side mounted 120mm fan would help a lot (or a standard blowhole for those who don't like modding their cases).

I only have a 8600gts gpu so that doesn't produce much heat, and the little that it does just goes out with its own exhaust fan. But, I can see where you're coming from.

When I do get a 8800gtx (ultra maybe :)), maybe when the prices go down :rolleyes: I'll do the blowhole mod with an exhaust fan.

I used to have my system in a Thermaltake Soprano DX (blah) case. After putting the system in the A05, my temps dropped 6-7 deg all around. That was nice.

It's definitely an interesting design, my problem is that the airflow coming out the front really doesn't get disapated well with the front cover in place. I can drop my case temps 4-5C just by taking off the front cover and allowing the fan to blow unimpeded. Also, the "traditional" design allows hot air from the top of the case to be removed. A high end user pretty much needs to mod the case for a blowhole or buy a PCI slot fan (or the Lian-Li BS-03). Yes, you are correct though, the Ultra Extreme does get nice cool air which is a plus, but it seems like hot air from other components gets trapped.

I think a side mounted 120mm fan would help a lot (or a standard blowhole for those who don't like modding their cases).
My solution, just blow everything outta there!

I took the sunbeam wherever pci rack and set it up with 2 120mms blowing right in that section.

My solution, just blow everything outta there!

I took the sunbeam wherever pci rack and set it up with 2 120mms blowing right in that section.

I'm thinking that I should probably exhaust the heat out of the case. The exhaust fan for the case is somewhat in the middle of the case in front of the HDD cage and the only other exhaust is the PSU in the bottom. Since heat rises, I think the heat gets trapped up top. I'm thinking about going with the BS-03 fan and seeing if that helps exhaust the hot air at the top of the case.

I'm thinking that I should probably exhaust the heat out of the case. The exhaust fan for the case is somewhat in the middle of the case in front of the HDD cage and the only other exhaust is the PSU in the bottom. Since heat rises, I think the heat gets trapped up top. I'm thinking about going with the BS-03 fan and seeing if that helps exhaust the hot air at the top of the case.
Well, my method worked wonders for mine, and we have basically the same exact setup. If I need any more cooling performance, I can always remove the pci covers above the 8800 and the air would get forced out of there. I went from ~78 idle to 63 idle.

Well, my method worked wonders for mine, and we have basically the same exact setup. If I need any more cooling performance, I can always remove the pci covers above the 8800 and the air would get forced out of there. I went from ~78 idle to 63 idle.

Yeah, I guess I could just take off some of the PCI slot covers :).

From this:

dsc02900pi4.jpg

to this:

dsc02930wq2.jpg

= Drastic GPU and case temp drop.

Air coming out of the front does not have an easy way to fully escape the case; it could just rise and seep back in through empty drive bays, especially if you have negative pressure, which most people will.

Has anybody cut holes in the front bezel? I'm trying to figure out how to make this look good.

Air coming out of the front does not have an easy way to fully escape the case; it could just rise and seep back in through empty drive bays, especially if you have negative pressure, which most people will.

Has anybody cut holes in the front bezel? I'm trying to figure out how to make this look good.

Maybe you could put an Aqua Computer or Ac Ryan rad grill in the front bezel?

Or maybe even try pulling the black fan grill from the rear fan and seeing how it would look up front. You could even glue or tape it in place to avoid ugly screws on the front of the case.

I was thinking that anything but a square pattern of many small holes drilled right into the front bezel would throw off the whole look.

Depending on temperatures when I finish my new build, I might also put a 120 or two up top sucking air in (through filters). The side panel might be an alternative but I would worry about vibrations in such thin, large panel.

I live near he beach and have a dog so there's a lot of sticky, salty, hairy dust floating around... I notice many people here have "negative pressure" in their case. I can't have this as dust and general nastiness gets sucked in through every opening that is not blowing out (and is not properly filtered). In the past I have chosen to maintain positive pressure and seal all "non-controlled" intakes so that air is only circulating how I want it to and through the filters that I want it to go through. Just a word of advice for those of you with pets, etc.

Just finished my roof mod. I can tell you, the VC cooler is much happier with a fresh, cool supply of air now. Temps have gone down all-around.
IMG_0107.jpg
[/IMG]

Love the new RAM
IMG_0108.jpg
[/IMG]

the roof vent, ordered from Frozen CPU. Its an a/c Ryan grille. I'm using the Silverstone 120mm that came with an old NT08 I had lying around. I have it on its controller, barely audible.

I just built a rig in one of these babies and wanna add a window in now. Where can I pick up one of these windows? I was also thinking about a frameless window...suggestions anyone?

Is it possible to run wires behind the mobo-tray, if so is there anyone who has made holes in the tray for lets say the 8pin atx12v cable? And is there anyone running three hdd's in this case that can tell me if there's any of that annoying humming? I can even hear it in my P182 so I was thinking of suspending the drives if I get an A05.

Is it worth using sound dampening material in this case? Does it help?

Last question, do you guys think I'd be able to keep HDD temps below 40C if I used a Noctua 1200rpm as front intake? They're at about 33-37C in my current P182.

I run 3 drives in the case and don't hear any humming. The rubber mounts seem to do a good job of keeping the drives secure without case vibration.

No hard drive noise here. I like the HD mounting system a lot, and the rubber mounts work really good.

ill post a pic soon but just wanted to let you guys know once again the h20 swiftech watercooling system dropped my 6600 in this case from 45 C idle with a tuniq to 35 C idle. Im blown away also witht he removal of the giant heat sink it opened up more airflow and my system temp dropped 5 C and my gpu dropped about 4 C. Im seriously thinking about adding the waterblock to the gpu just because of this drop. Im just blown away right now. PERFECT FIT SUPER EASY

Thank you for the link, Xenph_Xenos. I've been wanting to pick up one of those panels for awhile.

It depends on the placement of the PCIe slot on the motherboard and the HDD placement inside the case. If you have three HDD's and the PCIe slot falls in the top slot, you might have a problem. Other than that, it should fit, although it will be tight.

Isn't the Ultra the same size as the GTX?

If it is, I had 2 DVD burners, and 2 drives (one in top and one in bottom) and it fit no problem.

The middle slot was empty to give the harddrives more space to breathe :p

GTX fit, it was close, but I never remember it being a real issue.

I'm 90% sure the GTX/Ultra is the same length as the motherboard, so as long as nothing overlaps the motherboard, it should be ok.

There should be enough space for the card and HDD's...it's more about getting the cabling to all fit IMO.

I thought I should let all fellow PC-A05B owners know that performance-pc restocked there PC-G50B panels that'll work with the PC-A05B...

Linky:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=280&products_id=22390

get them while there out they seem to sell out fast! I picked one up myself :)

If anyone is planning on jumping on this offer and still has their regular a05b side panel in good condition, pm me as I'm looking to buy a replacement for mine.

If anyone is planning on jumping on this offer and still has their regular a05b side panel in good condition, pm me as I'm looking to buy a replacement for mine.

It depends on if it will improve temps any. I plan to cut a 2x120 hole in the top to blow cool air on my 8800gts. If I do that, I doubt the other side panel will help. Am I right about this?

It depends on if it will improve temps any. I plan to cut a 2x120 hole in the top to blow cool air on my 8800gts. If I do that, I doubt the other side panel will help. Am I right about this?

Seems like if you get the lian li fan bracket for the top vent in the g05 side panel you would get some help with temps. Still, I'd love to buy a replacement from someone if they get one of these.

I bought the side panel as an actual replacement for a mod that went wrong. The side vents is mostly an added bonus... as to whether or not they actually help... have to wait and find out. :D

BS-03 fan? Anyone use it in this case? What kinds of temp differences are you seeing?

BS-03 fan? Anyone use it in this case? What kinds of temp differences are you seeing?

Upon adding the BS-03, my CPU temp dropped 6-8 degC, GPU temp dropped 8-10 degC, and case temp dropped 8-10 degC.

You were using the fan bracket with intake or exhaust configuration..??

I did with intake befor, it pretty much cool down GPU by 5c and 2 c for north bridge..

it doesn't benefits the CPU and overall case temp much ....

Has anyone tried to mod the front of the case? My cpu temps drop about 4-5C when the front is removed, so I was considering cutting a hole in the front and covering it with mesh. It seems like an easy way to drop temps with no more fans, of course at the cost of a possibly fugly front and hot air blowing out at you.

i dunno.. but if they make sell pc-a06b bezel by themselves.. i'd buy one..remove that plastic light up crap behind it.. and then having it air breeze through the front :D . I doubt they'll ever sell the front bezels by themselves..

Back