I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

Wow Viperlover, you seriously got me to consider not cutting the top of my case for my two fans. I guess the two fans on the side would blow hotter air on the graphic card(s), but I wouldn't have to worry about a sound card getting in the way of the air flow. Also, the holes next to the expansion slot would be used to bring in cooler air. Great setup.

EDIT: Did you change the airflow to the traditional intake in the front, exhaust in the back? I was wondering because the fan on your heatsink is facing the wrong way (unless it is pulling). Also, what are your temps?

i dunno.. but if they make sell pc-a06b bezel by themselves.. i'd buy one..remove that plastic light up crap behind it.. and then having it air breeze through the front :D . I doubt they'll ever sell the front bezels by themselves..

Ive never seen this one before, but thats exactly what Im looking for. Just remove the light up stuff and you have an easy 4C drop. But youre right, theyll probably never sell just the bezel. Damn

e: I just emailed lian li with: "i want your bezelz". Who knows maybe theyll sell me one. Probably not but hopefully.

e: I just emailed lian li with: "i want your bezelz". Who knows maybe theyll sell me one. Probably not but hopefully.

They'll send you the number for their north american distributor. I've been down this road already.

So does anybody sell a pre-cut front panel for this thing? I am surprised there is not more discussion on the subject. My temps improve substantially when I run with the front bezel off..

i dunno.. but if they make sell pc-a06b bezel by themselves.. i'd buy one..remove that plastic light up crap behind it.. and then having it air breeze through the front :D
The A06 is 30mm narrower (80mm fan in the back instead of 120mm) and 7mm taller than the A05. If you got an A06 bezel, it wouldn't fit.

Wow Viperlover, you seriously got me to consider not cutting the top of my case for my two fans. I guess the two fans on the side would blow hotter air on the graphic card(s), but I wouldn't have to worry about a sound card getting in the way of the air flow. Also, the holes next to the expansion slot would be used to bring in cooler air. Great setup.

EDIT: Did you change the airflow to the traditional intake in the front, exhaust in the back? I was wondering because the fan on your heatsink is facing the wrong way (unless it is pulling). Also, what are your temps?
I kept the stock airflow pattern and the fan on the heatsink is in a pull configuration. The two fans up there dropped my temps all around considerably, especially the video card. And if I had the G50 perforated side panel, it would be taking in even more cool air.

I would surely not want to cut any holes in this beauty, mine still looks completely stock from the outside.

The A06 is 30mm narrower (80mm fan in the back instead of 120mm) and 7mm taller than the A05. If you got an A06 bezel, it wouldn't fit.

I got the reply from them already (fast, huh?) and they confirmed it :( Oh well.

Eh, I cannot decide if to go A05 or 7 Plus II or G7... Or would P180 do better? I'm planning on liquid cooling mine sisters e6850........

Few more pics...

dsc02943cc1.jpg

dsc02944us9.jpg

dsc02947kr0.jpg

dsc02939kl6.jpg

I'm really tempted to pick up this case (love the look and small footprint), but I'm concerned about temps/air flow, and I'm really not into modding the case.

I have:
Intel Bad Axe 2
Q6000 (stock)
2GB DDR 800
Radeon X1950 Pro
Corsair HX520 PSU
1 HDD
1 Optical Drive
Usual USB peripherals

I don't have time for my machine to be high maintenance, I just need it to be 100% stable and to just work. :)

Would I be better off with a bigger sibling, like the PC-7B plus II?

I'm really tempted to pick up this case (love the look and small footprint), but I'm concerned about temps/air flow, and I'm really not into modding the case.

I have:
Intel Bad Axe 2
Q6000 (stock)
2GB DDR 800
Radeon X1950 Pro
Corsair HX520 PSU
1 HDD
1 Optical Drive
Usual USB peripherals

I don't have time for my machine to be high maintenance, I just need it to be 100% stable and to just work. :)

Would I be better off with a bigger sibling, like the PC-7B plus II?

I think you'll be just fine. It has decent airflow stock and since you're not overclocking the temps will not be terrible unless you have ridiculous ambient temps. Might want to put a slot fan up top to pull out some hot air that will pool over your vid card. Even if you don't though, temps won't be ridiculously high.

Just to let you know, it has the same foot-print as the other Lian-li cases... it's just not as tall, instead of having the power-supply at the back and having more drive bays. they move the psu to the front, and sacrafice some drive bays. Same width/length just shorter in height.

Just to let you know, it has the same foot-print as the other Lian-li cases... it's just not as tall, instead of having the power-supply at the back and having more drive bays. they move the psu to the front, and sacrafice some drive bays. Same width/length just shorter in height.

So if it has the same footprint, would replacement top panels for 7b's fit the a05?

First time poster, long time reader.
I've actually read the entire thread now, and you guys might have convinced me that this is the way to go :) . Coming from a Sugo SG01, I am happy with the case. However, the noise level of the case is too high for my liking. Same thing with cooling, but I presume this is the case with the majority of SFF cases when you put descent hardware in it.

So I have a question, I noticed that the HDD cage was not removable (as in easy removable). But the 'net-shops here in Sweden states that it is, and the Lian Li home page backs it up; http://www.lian-li.com/product/product06.php?pr_index=19&cl_index=1&sc_index=1&ss_index=4&type=a ,

http://www.lian-li.com/product/20070316072941.jpg[/

[color=cyan]EDIT: Hotlinking images from other sites is not allowed here. - Lethal[/color]
--Sorry for that. I skimmed the rules before signing up, but have read them more throughly now. - Zehnsucht

Could it be that the new models have detachable HDD bay, and the first batch didn't? I'm really confused here, since that tray does not look like the one in the pictures on the homepage.
I'm planning to mod a dual 120mm Ryan radguard on the top as well, to have some breathing for the HR03+ on the GTX.

First time poster, long time reader.
I've actually read the entire thread now, and you guys might have convinced me that this is the way to go :) . Coming from a Sugo SG01, I am happy with the case. However, the noise level of the case is too high for my liking. Same thing with cooling, but I presume this is the case with the majority of SFF cases when you put descent hardware in it.

So I have a question, I noticed that the HDD cage was not removable (as in easy removable). But the 'net-shops here in Sweden states that it is, and the Lian Li home page backs it up; http://www.lian-li.com/product/product06.php?pr_index=19&cl_index=1&sc_index=1&ss_index=4&type=a ,

http://www.lian-li.com/product/20070316072941.jpg[/

[color=cyan]EDIT: Hotlinking images from other sites is not allowed here. - Lethal[/color]

Could it be that the new models have detachable HDD bay, and the first batch didn't? I'm really confused here, since that tray does not look like the one in the pictures on the homepage.
I'm planning to mod a dual 120mm Ryan radguard on the top as well, to have some breathing for the HR03+ on the GTX.[/QUOTE]
Right when I got mine, I just drilled out 6 rivets from the front, it was easy as hell.

Eh, I cannot decide if to go A05 or 7 Plus II or G7... Or would P180 do better? I'm planning on liquid cooling mine sisters e6850........

Bumping. Tho it's now between A05 and PC-G7. Help me choose, like give me some pros and cons of each of these. Please

Right when I got mine, I just drilled out 6 rivets from the front, it was easy as hell.

But it is near impossible if one doesn't have acess to a drilling machine ;) . I sent an email to lian li and their swedish distrubitor, but chanses are slim that it really is removable by a thumbscrew.

Good ole drilling machines, I've heard of those. But I think it went by a different name...what was it? Ah, yes, that's right--a drill. :p

Lian Li said:
Thanks for suggestion, the mistake on the web page has corrected. (!sic)

It is interesting that noone else seems to have contacted them regarding this matter.

But I will get this case anyway, this thread has really inspired me. I can perhaps borrow a drill from somwhere (dunno why I typed drilling machine, I was really tired and my english wasn't the best perhaps ;) ).

i cut a 120 mm hole and used an a.c. ryan grill to go over it. once i did that i gained 5c easy. i also put a a.c. ryan grill in the side panel. no problems with temps at all now.

I used the PC7 Plus 2 case and that was superior to this A05 case I have in terms of airflow. The PC7 plus 2 HDD cages were a PITA as it was an older style without being removable like the higher end Lian-Li cases, but other than that, the PC7 was a better case IMHO. The stock airflow is really killing the A05 for me.

So should i get PC-G7 then if there are such big matters with airflow in A05? :/

I haven't seen the G7...only the G70. Obviously the G70 is a much bigger case than the A05. The A05 is a nice case, but the airflow leaves much to be desired on a high end machine.

I'd say G7 all the way. It addressed my biggest gripe against the PC7 Plus II. Namely, the HDD cage.

I don't really care for the through the front panel airflow, but I guess it shouldn't be that big of a deal. I think the G7 is my next case ;).

Okay, it seems I made my choice ;)
Sucks pretty much theres no screenies in Lian-Li thread, but well, maybe its too new to be there.

Okay, it seems I made my choice ;)
Sucks pretty much theres no screenies in Lian-Li thread, but well, maybe its too new to be there.

The A05's charm is it's size. It's essentially a mATX sized case (height anyway), with full-ATX room along with room for a big CPU cooler. Personally, I'm going to go G7 and get rid of this thing because the airflow is killing my temps and I'm not much of a modder.

I'm not much of a modder.

Neither am I tbh, planning of LCing the case, I hope there won't be any serious cutting required to make everything fit well. Still cannot decide on colour, my sis wants the silver one, I'm more for the black one for her, to match the LCD and her keyboard/mouse. We will see.

Neither am I tbh, planning of LCing the case, I hope there won't be any serious cutting required to make everything fit well. Still cannot decide on colour, my sis wants the silver one, I'm more for the black one for her, to match the LCD and her keyboard/mouse. We will see.

Black FTW ;).

i need to get a pic uploaded here ill work on that but there is just somethign about it its really easy to mod very simple looking and easy to toe around after youput soem handles on it. But i dont SLI and if you have a huge rig this isnt the case for you.

I do warter cool but im on a single 7900gtx and my cpu and gpu are water cooled. and alot of holes and airflow in my case now after the mods so ilove it. finaly gettign the kinks worked out.what really helped this case was takeing the side panel and grilling it instead ofr the window.

this case is so nice. When I get over this matx bug. That is the case that I am getting

this case is so nice. When I get over this matx bug. That is the case that I am getting

Yep, I'm in the same situation as you :)
I'm buying it because it's small (relative other ATX cases) and I like the design. Since I'm partly silence nut the choise for a small and quiet it's the Antec SOLO. But the looks of that case are aweful (as are the p-series, I'm so tired seeing those cases everwhere. .

But I'm fairly confident it will be quiet enough for my needs, I just ordered a Noctua NH-U12F 70% off since it was a demo product, and together with beQuiet sound reduction mats I think it's a good start.
Nothing can be louder than my current SG01, where all HDD noise escapes directly out of the vents, the PSU fan ramps up when under heavy load and so on.

Had a blowhole put in by Performance PC's. Will do some cable management when I complete my build.

101007_12011.jpg
101007_12061.jpg

What's the best way to get rid of all the aluminum dust that ends up inside the case when cutting the top hole? I've vacuumed the entire case a couple of times and wiped it down with isopropyl alcohol a few times aswell but there's still some residue on the paper every time I do it.

Did I get some new revision of the case? Look at the antivibration springs on my case:
styckad2dr9.jpg

and on a random one from this thread:
P1010337.jpg

Also it was in a weird shape when I received it, the rear bracket was lying around loose in the case, and the HDD led had popped out of its socket. :x

And one of the panels vibrate like crazy when you tap it, I hope some sound absorption mats will fix it.

Back