I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

Received my case today. It looks so slick I hate to take a saw to it to put in the window. :D

What do you guys do about fingerprints?

Received my case today. It looks so slick I hate to take a saw to it to put in the window. :D

What do you guys do about fingerprints?

Keep a microfiber and isopropyl alcohol handy for the first few months, they you just accept it. ;)

Ok, so I have had this case for a year now and finally am getting around to putting a top blow hole w/ fan and a hole in the front panel for the existing fan.

Without scouring this massive thread for what specific parts everyone is using, can someone just give me one small list?

I just need one 120mm fan and two grills. Noise is no issue.

Also, what method is everyone using for cutting the top and front panels for installing 120mm fans?

I did my blow hole with a drill and a hole saw bit. 120mm FAN and grill, attach with screws.

Ok, so I have had this case for a year now and finally am getting around to putting a top blow hole w/ fan and a hole in the front panel for the existing fan.

Without scouring this massive thread for what specific parts everyone is using, can someone just give me one small list?

I just need one 120mm fan and two grills. Noise is no issue.

Also, what method is everyone using for cutting the top and front panels for installing 120mm fans?

I have used the dremel with reinforced cutting disk. In my opinion there are no needs to cut the blow hle in front of the case. Topis enough. I have OC system were temps are around:
CPU 28'C Idle, 65'C Stress (Orthos)
GPU 45'C (48'C MEM) Idle, 75 - 85'C Stress (furmark)

During playing games temps are much better than during stability tests :)

Windex and a towel is easier and cheaper. That's what I use for all my aluminum gear.

I'm using paper towel and window cleaner ;)

Had mine powdercoated. Looks really good in Flat Black. Need to get rid of it now.
For SALE!
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1034083520#post1034083520

DSC01046.jpg

Last edited:
For those of you that are adding exausts to the top of the case: How does one 120mm fan compare to two 120mm fans up top? Anyone know if it's a huge deal, or would one work about as well?

So is a video card with the double slot cooler that pushes air out the back the only way to avoid top blowhole(s)? I threw my reference cooled 4850 in my a05 last night and it didn't take long to hit 100+ degrees :( Anything I can put in my a05 that will run cool and is moderately quiet (only needs to run wow at a good framerate)?

My 8800GT with an Accelero S1 never goes past 55c playing COD4 with no blowhole. It can play WoW at max settings @ 1680x1050 but I'm not an avid WoW player so I haven't tested it that much.

Also, you could use one of THESE or THESE to exhaust air out the back of the case from the PCI area.

So is a video card with the double slot cooler that pushes air out the back the only way to avoid top blowhole(s)? I threw my reference cooled 4850 in my a05 last night and it didn't take long to hit 100+ degrees :( Anything I can put in my a05 that will run cool and is moderately quiet (only needs to run wow at a good framerate)?

You could order PCI slot vents or like I went the getto way. Removes all the slot covers. I have a BS-03 blowing air onto the area. I do remember once I removed my slot covers the temps did drop. The 03 help drop the temps even more. I don't have a blow hole because my cutting skills suck bad.

For those of you that are adding exausts to the top of the case: How does one 120mm fan compare to two 120mm fans up top? Anyone know if it's a huge deal, or would one work about as well?

I only drilled one 120mm fan hole on top and if I remember correctly it dropped my video card's load temps by 10c. I don't think another blow hole would bring it down much, you just need to exhaust the hot air out of the top so the hot air will stop collecting there.

BUMP

I finally got my hands on some hex screws at home depot and i got around to putting them on my case.
dsc01675.jpg

I also changed out the front LED's. The blue can light up a room and red is also very bright. PLED is now white and the HDLED is now UV/Purple. I think they look way better but it was hard to get a decent pic. I tried though.
dsc01687.jpg

Here she is in her glory.
dsc01677l.jpg

I think I am done messing around with it now :D

Hy Everybody!

Did somebody reverse the fans ?
Did He get better temperatures?

(Sorry my bad english ...) :)

Hello!

Hmm
It's interesting.
Actually my problem is the warming PSU. I think, that the PSU (hx520) can't blow the air outside.
My PS is in the 4th year, and it consume about 100-200W.

What can i do with it, because it's sometimes hot...?

Bye

Remove the PS mounting bracket thumb screws and slide the PS out far enough to see if the fan is spinning. BTW, the PS should be mounted with the fan down. The air below the PS is cooler that the air above it, and you're not trying to fight convection currents (hot air rising out of the PS).

Reversing the direction of the case fans doesn't work well, because then the hot air has to come out of the bottom of the rear panel, where it isn't, because it's risen to the top of the case. That's why all effective rear panel exhaust fans are at towards the top of the case.

I my case (original A05B) I use one 1150 RPM, Gentle Typhoon case fan mounted on the rear panel. The front case fan is disconnected. The concept for a case with positive pressure it that the air pressure inside the case is above ambient so the air comes out where ever there is the least resistance. That combined with convection currents establishes the primary airflow in the case.

I have a passively cooled 4670 video card and a somewhat warm running tuner card so I want airflow over those cards. To do that I put vented slot covers above the video and tuner cards, taped over the vents right below the rear intake fan and blocked off the unused drive bay holes in the front of the case. By leaving the unpowered front fan in place in the front of the case it creates more impedance, so more air is vented at the top, rear of the case. I also mounted the heatsink & fan horizontal to aid in getting the air to move upwards.

This PC is primarily used as a HTPC and may get used for only some light gaming. (E5200 @ 3.2 Ghz, P45 chipset Gigabyte MB). At idle, the video card sits at 31°C, decoding HD TV: 38°C. Furmark burn will run the card to 80°C after 30 min, so gaming it probably wouldn't go above 65°C.

Now, with some real gaming video cards and an i7 CPU there's no way the temps are going to stay low with the stock fan configuration. The case would need a blow hole with a 120mm fan on the top of the case (towards the back) to keep the temps reasonable.

I see...

"BTW, the PS should be mounted with the fan down."

Well I turned it upside down.
That cause the problem?

Thanx!

The air under the PS is going to be cooler than the air above it so it works better to draw in the air from under the PS. Also, with the fan facing the top of the case the warm air in the PS s going to be rising up while the fan is pushing it back down into the PS. I have a HX520 and the fan spins very slow until it heats up.

I installed it in the other way, and a little bit cooler, but it's not the best! :)

"The case would need a blow hole with a 120mm fan on the top of the case (towards the back) to keep the temps reasonable."
I saw a lot of top cover, but i don't know, which model fits.
Link

Pls help! :)

I don't think any of those top covers fit. You'd have to cut a blowhole in the original top panel.

All I did was trace a circle with the fan grill I got then drilled holes along the inside of the circle spaced out about every half a centimeter. Then used a dremel to cut it out. Its MUCH easier if you have a jigsaw.

While we're at cutting a hole in the top of A05 -- did anybody do a 140mm fan/blowhole? It looks like the frame dimensions would allow that, but I did not see any reports of it actually being done.

While we're at cutting a hole in the top of A05 -- did anybody do a 140mm fan/blowhole? It looks like the frame dimensions would allow that, but I did not see any reports of it actually being done.

There's plenty of room up top for a 140mm in the A05. I recently set up some PDF templates for all popular fan sizes including 140mm's for easy-to-use modding over at MNPCTech.com for all to use.

Anyone using the 2 5.25 bay slots as a hdd area? I'm going to rebuild my whs box using my a05b and was looking for some kind of enclosure to fit more hdd's in that area since I won't need an optical drive. The sata backplanes that are out there look nice but I obviously won't be using a raid setup so they are overkill.

Anyone using the 2 5.25 bay slots as a hdd area? I'm going to rebuild my whs box using my a05b and was looking for some kind of enclosure to fit more hdd's in that area since I won't need an optical drive. The sata backplanes that are out there look nice but I obviously won't be using a raid setup so they are overkill.

PM w1retap. His A05 is a server with a HDD backplane installed.

EDIT

Here ya go:

http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1032103333&postcount=1501
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1032095037&postcount=1464

holy mother of god i just got done installing a bulgin vandal switch and that shit was hard!

i wanted both the switch led and the case power led to power on at the same time so thats what made it massive bitch.

i sliced the original led so its sending power to both now but the only problem is that both leds arent quite as bright as they should be (obviously the header is only supposed to power one led) but it works now and looks nice.

Thanks for the links. Those posts are actually what gave me the idea to put HDD's there.
That Athena 3-2 should work, or I could just go with a 5.25 to 3.5 converter enclosure to save money. Either way it looks like 7 drives can fit into the A05 which should be plenty.

WRONG

The following Panel fit the A05:

> T-A16 / T-A16A
> T-PC-6XB / T-PC-6XA
> T-PC-6XB-120 / T-PC-6XA-120
> T-PC-6XB-RAD120 / T-PC-6XA-RAD120
> T-PC-7XB / T-PC-7XA
> T-PC-7XB-RAD240 / T-PC-7XA-RAD240
> T-PC-7XB-RAD360 / T-PC-7XA-RAD360

With the T-60FB you will get problems with your cd-drive.

Hi everyone,

Did anyone install a T-60FB "top panel" on a PC-A05N ?
I want to be sure it will fit perfectly my A05N before ordering it. :)

(or another top panels with watercooling fans holes)

excuse my poor english :rolleyes:

Back