I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

I just got mine, looks like many of you are reversing the airflow direction from default (in the back, out the front).

Which setup is more beneficial? I'm going to order a BS-06 as well.

I was actually under impression that very few reversed the airflow of this case .. and those who tried did not find it particularly beneficial.

I was actually under impression that very few reversed the airflow of this case .. and those who tried did not find it particularly beneficial.

I just saw a bunch of pics of people with the fan on their heatsinks on the wrong side, unless pulling through the heatsink is somehow better. My one concern is that I have a True Black 120 with a thick Panaflo 120mm fan on it and it's really close to the rear intake Lian Li 120.

I have my airflow reversed for this case. I find that since my gpu is blowing out the back, why would I want the rear 120mm fan sucking that warm air back into my case? Temps are fine by me, and my GPU runs slightly cooler this way. And no, I don't have a blowhole.

Im planning to use the front and back fan (GT 1450RPM) as an intake, the two outakes (GT 1150RPM) will sit in top T-60F panel.
Only im already waiting 3 weeks for my case and the top panel.

Earzz,
1) are you going to reverse the fan of the PSU as well?
2) what do you think about the dust being sucked in with the fan in front (where it may be more difficult to install a filter?

Earzz,
2) what do you think about the dust being sucked in with the fan in front (where it may be more difficult to install a filter?

100_2496.jpg

this setup is working out just fine. i have filters on both intakes, and a 2x120mm blowhole up top. PSU fan is blowing into the case, doesn't seem to be affecting temps, although i'd like to have it blowing out at the bottom.

Earzz,

Already got the filters and they are really flat so i dont see any problems.
qpc-filter-120.jpg

http://www.quietpc.com/gb-en-gbp/products/gaming/qpc-filters

As for the PSU, i wasnt planning to open up my brand new X-750.
The fan is gonna sit on the bottom and it will suck air out of the case.
Ofcourse the front intake will suck warm air back into the case again but i think that wont be a big deal or else i just mod the front panel from the inside a bit too prevent that.

Here are my fans what i sleeved (first timer) this weekend.
P1020674.jpg

Thanks for the pointer to the filters ... I think the idea of magnetic attachment is rather cool (of course, does not work too well with aluminum cases, but does for quick removal/reattachment on steel ones). Are you in UK? (being from US, it takes some time to get comfortable with the prices listed at quietpc.com, e.g., Noctua NF-P12 for $27.03USD before shipping is a bit steep).

BTW, nice sleeving job (and good choice of colors, imo, too)

illdklli, can you post images of the filters you use, preferably in-situ?

http://nxgenwebsolutions.com/uploads/100_2496.jpg
this setup is working out just fine. i have filters on both intakes, and a 2x120mm blowhole up top. PSU fan is blowing into the case, doesn't seem to be affecting temps, although i'd like to have it blowing out at the bottom.

Can you not put the Panaflo on the other side of your True Black?

Pulling air is never as effective as pushing air through a heatsink because of how the vortex forms.

You would put a fan on the other side if you had a push-pull going but you would never pull air through the heatsink alone. There isn't enough air pressure to do it effectively.

Here's a preliminary shot, going to do a lot more this weekend including installing the Lian Li BS-06 intake. I wish I could find a filter that fits that! (the big vertical slot beside the PCI slots.)

63525973.jpg

Lian Li BS-06
http://www.coolerguys.com/840556088202.html

22571277.jpg

Gelid silent pwm 92mm is to cool memory and chipset.

Last edited:
Pulling air is never as effective as pushing air through a heatsink because of how the vortex forms.

Yes, but the presence of the off-axis fan on the back of the case makes it a somewhat less clear cut ... and if fit is a problem then putting the fan on the other side might be a(n acseptable) solution, won't you agree?

If using a power supply such as the Corsair HX520W with this case,
which has a 120mm fan on the bottom, is it necessary, or best to cut
a hole in the case below the bottom 120mm fan on the power supply?

No because there is a raised standoff that holds the PSU up about half an inch under it.

Like Spair-Flair said. I actually have an HX520 in my A05 and the spacing is more than sufficient for getting air to the PSU.

And all done!

casep.jpg

46450694.jpg

I have the Lian Li 140mm PCI Cooling Kit BS-06 at 900 RPM, the rear intake at 900 RPM, and the front exhaust is reduced to 500 RPM so there is more air going in than out actively. All the rear intakes are filtered using custom made filters. I'm trying to make positive pressure so that dust doesn't get into the system.

All of you guys with airflow issues, especially with the videocard and trying all sorts of things with blow-holes and changing the configuration, why not just make use of that giant slot beside the PCI slots that Lan Li designs for the BS-06 anyway?
Mine is reversed so it is yet another intake on the back of the case to match with the airflow direction of the stock configuration.

Last edited:
All of you guys with airflow issues, especially with the videocard and trying all sorts of things with blow-holes and changing the configuration, why not just make use of that giant slot beside the PCI slots that Lan Li designs for the BS-06 anyway?
Mine is reversed so it is yet another intake on the back of the case to match with the airflow direction of the stock configuration.

Niiiice build. Very tidy. My only problem is that if you're BS-06 is an intake, wouldn't the hot air blowing out of the video cards just get sucked back in?

Well, I can see at least two issues:
1. A few folks made a side window which does not work well in the presence of BS-06
2. Those who reported their experiments with BS-06 in this thread did not find it to be of great benefit. It's interesting that you care a great deal which side of the Thermalright 120 to put the fan on, but don't seem to care that BS-06 blows air into the wall (or sucks it off the wall, in your case). Based on what I read in this thread I suspect Lian-Li engineers meant something when they named the thing "BS" ;)

Well, I can see at least two issues:
1. A few folks made a side window which does not work well in the presence of BS-06
2. Those who reported their experiments with BS-06 in this thread did not find it to be of great benefit. It's interesting that you care a great deal which side of the Thermalright 120 to put the fan on, but don't seem to care that BS-06 blows air into the wall (or sucks it off the wall, in your case). Based on what I read in this thread I suspect Lian-Li engineers meant something when they named the thing "BS" ;)

The fan faces inward and does nothing against the "wall". It blows into the system and if you look at the BS-06 website you can see that even the flash video shows that it's up to the user which way the face faces inside the shroud and that it's designed to work both ways. There is tons of room in the rear of the fan and behind the fan. The purpose of the BS-06 is to circulate air into a wide open area inside the system where there is no resistance directly in front of the fan, not push air or pull through tightly packed heat fins that are flush with the fan right against the dead-zone. Completely different application.

A side window works perfectly fine with the BS-06, it helps to cover up ugly components and cables :p

Last edited:
Niiiice build. Very tidy. My only problem is that if you're BS-06 is an intake, wouldn't the hot air blowing out of the video cards just get sucked back in?

If you had a dual slot card that exhausts out the back, this might be a problem. If I were upgrading, I would look for a dual slot card or after-market cooler that draws air in through the back as there are some, otherwise those who have those dual slot cards can just use the BS-06 as an exhaust.

If you mean inside the system? Well normally the exhausted air from my single slot card just goes back into the system anyway, I'd rather have fresh air coming from outside mix with videocard exhaust than pure videocard exhaust inside a hot system. I have a thermistor probe inserted right beside the GPU core. I did a burn in test with the BS-06 on and off over 20 minutes to see if there was a difference and it's only about 5° C but my card is single slot with a tiny intake fan so I don't think it makes much difference. For me, the BS-06 was more for increasing the positive pressure inside the case than cooling. I'm guessing it's a rebadged Yate-Loon 140mm so it probably pushes around 50 CFM.

Last edited:
And all done
I have the Lian Li 140mm PCI Cooling Kit BS-06 at 900 RPM, the rear intake at 900 RPM, and the front exhaust is reduced to 500 RPM so there is more air going in than out actively. All the rear intakes are filtered using custom made filters. I'm trying to make positive pressure so that dust doesn't get into the system.

I have the same setup with the BS-06 installed blowing into the case. It helped some, what helped big time is when I placed the radgrill 2x 120mm fans on the top of my case. My temps droped from 40's to 20-30's.

Well i installed everything yesterday evening in my new case.
Build is not finished yet as i still need to install a few grills/filters and i have to redo my sata sleeving because i messed that up a bit.

Im also still waiting for a new GFX card and im gonna install a third WD10EADS together with a new sata dvd writer.
Stuff what is in it right now:

-Rampage Formula
-Xeon X3360 @ 3.7
-TRUE Black
-X25-M G2 80GB
-30GB Vertex
-2x WD10EADS
-1900XT 512MB
-X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro
-Sony DRU-720A
-SeaSonic X-750
-4x Gentle Typhoon 1450RPM (Intakes and TRUE)
-2x Gentle Typhoon 1150RPM (Top Panel)

P10207131.jpg

I will post some better pics as soon as im done :D

Well i installed everything yesterday evening in my new case.
Build is not finished yet as i still need to install a few grills/filters and i have to redo my sata sleeving because i messed that up a bit.

Im also still waiting for a new GFX card and im gonna install a third WD10EADS together with a new sata dvd writer.
Stuff what is in it right now:

-Rampage Formula
-Xeon X3360 @ 3.7
-TRUE Black
-X25-M G2 80GB
-30GB Vertex
-2x WD10EADS
-1900XT 512MB
-X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro
-Sony DRU-720A
-SeaSonic X-750
-4x Gentle Typhoon 1450RPM (Intakes and TRUE)
-2x Gentle Typhoon 1150RPM (Top Panel)

P10207131.jpg

I will post some better pics as soon as im done :D

What lid are you using? Two fans and no breakout ports. I'm still waiting for T-LM14B-2 to come out somewhere.

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product06.php?pr_index=360&cl_index=2&sc_index=45&ss_index=116

tlm14b2b.jpg

did someone say positive air pressure?

P2910090001.jpg

P3011090000.jpg

cause I think I heard someone say positive air pressure.

The LEDs are killing me, has anybody done anything about the power and hdd lights? Like frickin laser beams!

Unclip front panel. Take black magic marker and darken the 2 LEDs and the end of the plastic light pipes. Laser beams gone.

Where can you order those covers ? Im also in dire need of the side panel since I fucked mine up on a mod :(.

Back