I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

You email those fools showing a picture of what you got
You also host the img on omgshack and paste link in the dispute
You also should state problem in paypal of what stupid ppc did
Make sure everything is clearly stated, what's missing, what you cannot do now, and you refuse to ship it back yourself

they sent the stuff after 30 emails back and forth but they didn't send the SD-02 case feet mounting accessories, i can't even install them!, WHY! I was promised screws before i placed the order. I told them this and this was Performance PC's response:

That person was wrong. They do not come with screws and the listing does not say it comes with screws. We're nearing 30 emails for one order. We will not be sending any more shipments to Australia for any more missing parts. The order has now been filled as it has been placed. Please, no further emails regarding this order.

So i told them, well this idiot works for you don't they, the employees are the business after all and you're telling me you won't correct your wrong? They replied:

I know you're telling the truth, I already found the email. Doesn't change that they are wrong, and another email about this order. The listing does not mention screws. Had I been paying more attention through the previous 20 emails we could have sent that hardware in the second shipment we already made. They are basic bolts, washers and nuts that are needed. Nothing special.

Paypal dispute all the way. I don't have time to go to a hardware store nor anyone to even take me.

Yeah, that sounds retarded because when I ordered mine they SD-02 came with a plastic bag full of random "basic bolts, wahsers and nuts." Seriously looked like a bunch of random things they threw into the bag and I sort of just made them work. :p

Yeah, that sounds retarded because when I ordered mine they SD-02 came with a plastic bag full of random "basic bolts, wahsers and nuts." Seriously looked like a bunch of random things they threw into the bag and I sort of just made them work. :p

Yea, those screws are ridicuously long

what you guys think of this setup?? put a 80mm fan in front of the psu and change the fan direction in the psu, means psu hot air will not flow back from the front intake.

sorry for not labeling the pics. did it in a hurry.:D

pc-a05.jpg

what you guys think of this setup?? put a 80mm fan in front of the psu and change the fan direction in the psu, means psu hot air will not flow back from the front intake.

pc-a05.jpg

That will work quite well and helps air exit your system in the most reasonable way by rising. I already have an 80mm fan on the front of my PSU but it is exhausting because I didn't want to void my PSU's warranty by opening it to flip the fan inside.

The easiest way to mount an 80mm fan in the front is to snake the big power cable over the tray and you can just squeeze an 80mm fan into the spot over top of the cable and it will be held in very tightly and is very secure. The rubber on the cable also absorbs vibrations. I'd recommend inserting some of those rubber replacements for fan screws into the back as vibration spacers. Cable is clamped by an big office paper clip with one end removed :)

lianlia05frontfan.jpg

This is an old picture, I later covered up all the open sides beside the fan and made a shroud for the fan so that all air goes through it and into the PSU.

Last edited:
has anyone actually tried many different fan/airflow/psu configs and decided on the best one?

The best one depends on your own personal setup. Conventional thinking says that something like the one on this page, where cold air is drawn in the bottom and all hot air is exhausted out the top is probably optimal in most situations.

Looks like you're off to a great start! The A05 looks adorable with the casters. :p

The pictures make me want to completely dismantle my rig and do it again from the ground up.

If I don't have the front fan exhausting I get a huge heat pocket right where my hard drives are. So I have the top two intaking and the front and back exhausting. My cpu runs a little hot but my hard drives stay nice and cool, along with the psu which is of more concern to me than my cpu running a few C hotter.

See I don't understand how everyone's HDD's run so hot. I have 3 mechanicals in my case and all of them are in the low 30's. I run my fans at 5v (1000rpm) and everything stays very cool.

I have rear intake and front/top exhaust. I did change my fans to yate loons though so maybe they have better static pressure.

See I don't understand how everyone's HDD's run so hot. I have 3 mechanicals in my case and all of them are in the low 30's. I run my fans at 5v (1000rpm) and everything stays very cool.

I have rear intake and front/top exhaust. I did change my fans to yate loons though so maybe they have better static pressure.

Maybe he doesn't have top exhaust. Without that, all A05's suffer horribly in the front.

Maybe he doesn't have top exhaust. Without that, all A05's suffer horribly in the front.

he said "top two intaking" so I am assuming he does.

When I had my top two fans blowing in my HDD's did run pretty hot though so maybe he should have them blowing out.

My vision for the A05 is placing slightly taller feet on base, cutting two 120mm holes in bottom, breather hole for PS, and two 120mm holes in top.
Cooler would be Corsair H60 or Antec 620 (or 920 on bottom). All 120mm fans would be low speed 12volt for minimum noise.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

@Spare-Flair
ya.. i think it will work just fine, but will have to sacrifice the psu warranty.. haha..

@PastorPlay
nice internals u got thr. hope to see the finished mod. soon. btw, ur case looks different, got holes on the mobo tray? ori or u cut it urself??

@PastorPlay
nice internals u got thr. hope to see the finished mod. soon. btw, ur case looks different, got holes on the mobo tray? ori or u cut it urself??

The lastest A05N revision available for purchase has a few holes cut in the tray among other minor changes.

i just got mine not long ago from a local shop. but it doesnt have those holes.:(
maybe mine was an old stock.. btw, living in malaysia..

damn i miss this case. love that look on casters! thats just awesome
maybe when i go i7 i'll stuff it in one of these w/ some mods of course :)

This is what i did to mine, i think it's the best way, if you can do it. The insides have been upgraded since these pics, it's got an i3 in there now with a 6970, and some Scythe GT's and an SSD. It's quiet, but it can never be silent, the aluminium is so thin on this case, i might move to a Fractal Define R3 to get it much quieter. Temps are very good though, it was terrible until I added the top fan.

img1202yy.jpg

img1203pe.jpg

img1204b.jpg

img1205dx.jpg

img1206au.jpg

img1208r.jpg

img1209k.jpg

img1210ip.jpg

img1211vq.jpg

img1212nd.jpg

img1213ep.jpg

img1214s.jpg

img1215or.jpg

img1216y.jpg

img1217d.jpg

img1218r.jpg

img1219nv.jpg

img1220h.jpg

img1221df.jpg

img1223m.jpg

The small PSU fan looks like an intake fan. Why tape it up?

His PSU has two intake fans. One on the bottom and one where he covered it up.

BTW that is a pretty awesome mod especially with the foam. I will probably do something similar next time I need to remove all my hardware (maybe when I upgrade to either Z68 or Bulldozer). I love how this case is so moddable :D.

Also I really want to upgrade the USB ports on the front to USB 3.0... it's just that frozenCPU is the only place that carries them and they want $30 shipped for them! That's a 3rd of the price of the case for essentially a cable.

That small intake fan has been switched off. I taped it up so the PSU only draws nice cool air from the bottom and not the warmer air from inside the case. It's the same PSU as one of the Corsairs, which doesn't even come with the extra fan so i know it to be safe, and it cuts out a little extra noise at load.

I do think this case should come with the top panel I bought as standard... cost starts to go up to get this thing to cool properly, and so on.

Those with the SD-02 case feet, which screws are they? M4, M3, or 6/32? Which length as well, 12mm or 1/2" long

His PSU has two intake fans. One on the bottom and one where he covered it up.

BTW that is a pretty awesome mod especially with the foam. I will probably do something similar next time I need to remove all my hardware (maybe when I upgrade to either Z68 or Bulldozer). I love how this case is so moddable :D.

Also I really want to upgrade the USB ports on the front to USB 3.0... it's just that frozenCPU is the only place that carries them and they want $30 shipped for them! That's a 3rd of the price of the case for essentially a cable.

I am grateful that switching my top fan to blow out solved my PSU noise issues completely. Now my PSU is silent. Before, a large marjority of the hot air was getting exhausted through the PSU and heating it up. Now most of it rises naturally and is sucked out the top of the case and the cooler air that remains in the bottom of the case goes through the PSU which means the PSU fan doesn't spin up anymore.

Before I was so frustrated that I went through two different PSUs and contemplated cutting a hole in the bottom and using foam but the blow hole top panel solved all my problems.

I am grateful that switching my top fan to blow out solved my PSU noise issues completely. Now my PSU is silent. Before, a large marjority of the hot air was getting exhausted through the PSU and heating it up. Now most of it rises naturally and is sucked out the top of the case and the cooler air that remains in the bottom of the case goes through the PSU which means the PSU fan doesn't spin up anymore.

Before I was so frustrated that I went through two different PSUs and contemplated cutting a hole in the bottom and using foam but the blow hole top panel solved all my problems.

that is good stuff.

I always wondered by people chose to have the top fans blow in since it goes against the natural flow of hot air.

And like you said since all the hot air only had the PSU and front fan to exhaust from it would most definitely heat the PSU and hard drives up.

Who cares if the GPU runs a few degrees warmer... you can always make its fan run a bit faster to offset that temp increase. you can't do that with the PSU or hard drives.

Yeah, 1xUSB3.0 is kinda strange ... not like there's a huge cost differential between USB2.0 and USB3.0 port/cable .. certainly not at Lian-Li scale

meh, i liked the old version better imo, the inverted mobo tray was one the best features for such a small case.

imo it was a much easier install doing everything inverted like that as cables had less room to travel.

i never had any temp problems using it for air or water. either way my temps always stayed below 35, and gpu temps never rose more than 42c (now given this was back when the dang thing first came out and Q6600's and the extreme's were the most popular choice to go for.

So wait, the airflow is from back to front. This means the heat exhausted from the video cards gets intaked right back in? I also see it exhausts from the front middle in the HDD section, but doesn't hot air rise? Not sure how much of an improvement this is over the original design.

yep its no more different from the original aside from the upright mobo tray and an optional 120mm fan up top.

Back