I hate pay-per-month websites.

bobsaget

Supreme [H]ardness
Does anyone know of a guide for beginners for Battlefield 2 that is free? I've looked at ign.com and direct2drive, and they both want credit cards. :mad:

I need to know the basics because I have never played Vietnam/1942. I'm looking for info on guns, strategy, and gametypes, etc...

Thank you.

wow... just googling battlefield 2 turned up at least 2 websites with that information.

Imagine that.

You wanna know they basics? Stick with one class (initially just to learn), play in singleplayer, listen to the hints that are said, and practice. There, now send me you credit card info. That'll be 10$.

I can tell you from personal experience that you can't learn strategy by reading when it comes to Battlefield. There are so many sly/clever little maneuvers that you just have to see done before you can do them yourself.

My most prized tactic revolves around armor (Which is natural, because that is the vehicle I choose the most). You will inevitably enter a situation where you come up to a contested flag yet see nobody around. I get out to clear the area. This leaves the tank open for theft (Which I'm counting on). I toss a mine or some C4 on the tank and run off like a n00b. The first thing that the hidden party will do is gank the vehicle. It works 99% of the time and it's an easy kill.

Learning this is all good, but executing this takes practice. It's hard to pull it off without the hidden party seeing you plant the explosives...you have to be quick.

My suggestion? Play in non-ranked servers for a while to learn the ropes. If you can get into a clan's server, do that...they are typically the easiest to learn from. I've always been good with the lone-wolf thing but most people learn quicker by example.

WickedAngel said:
Learning this is all good, but executing this takes practice. It's hard to pull it off without the hidden party seeing you plant the explosives...you have to be quick.

never thought of that, but you should plant c4 on the tank or car before driving there therefore no one could see you put the c4 on it
:eek: :D

NitrouseXpress60 said:
never thought of that, but you should plant c4 on the tank or car before driving there therefore no one could see you put the c4 on it
:eek: :D

Heh, yep. That's a favorite too, though I always mess that one up (I forget that the c4 is on it/don't have the trigger equpped, etc. etc.).

WickedAngel said:
I can tell you from personal experience that you can't learn strategy by reading when it comes to Battlefield. There are so many sly/clever little maneuvers that you just have to see done before you can do them yourself.

My most prized tactic revolves around armor (Which is natural, because that is the vehicle I choose the most). You will inevitably enter a situation where you come up to a contested flag yet see nobody around. I get out to clear the area. This leaves the tank open for theft (Which I'm counting on). I toss a mine or some C4 on the tank and run off like a n00b. The first thing that the hidden party will do is gank the vehicle. It works 99% of the time and it's an easy kill.

My suggestion? Play in non-ranked servers for a while to learn the ropes. If you can get into a clan's server, do that...they are typically the easiest to learn from. I've always been good with the lone-wolf thing but most people learn quicker by example.
Thank you very much. :) That reading was getting boring anyways. ;)

I was looking for a guide mostly to explain how the ticket system works, and why I'm so damn bad with the sniper. :D

But I got that info from Noodle Boy's link.

Thanks everyone!

Thanks

Back