I have a smashed 27" HDTV.. how should I destroy it?

s00pcan

Limp Gawd
Suggestions? It got broke during shipping and the seller sent me another one but let me keep the broken one after I provided a picture. It's been sitting downstairs ever since, and since fixing it would cost way too much, I might as well destroy it.

just be careful if its a CRT... those things can explode sending shards of glass and toxic gas everywhere. keep your distance.

smashing a TV can be great drunken fun for the whole family. awhile back, a good friend and i worked together and lugged his broken 30" TV down a hill. it left a huge mess in its wake. and it was loud. and very satisfying.

zinn,
yeah, very 'green' friendly... :rolleyes:

Would be a good idea to extract any good parts out of it first before destroying it. I have been saved a few times like this ;)

You could just make it look pretty & put it on your front porch. This way it would probably walk :D

anyway, have fun

HMMM what brand is it, thats the important thing here, if its a DELL then it should be made to have a slow and painfull death :D

forbidden,
Yeah, an acid bath or make it watch a good monitor. That would make it decompose slowly :D Nuke it I say....
cheers

My dads old old tv, when we got a new one we took it out back and shot it untill it stopped working. (portable generator, and this was at our cottage in the U.P. of michigan)

It took nine bullets before we lost all visuals, and iirc we couldnt get the sound to stop without going after the power supply.

we shot an old tv with a huge spike lodged in a potato in a pneumatic potato gun.

How "broken" is it? If it's a crt you should just bust out all the glass and then find a way to fit a fish tank where the tube/electronics used to be. :cool:

sell on ebay "as is" make sure they knwo it is broken, some might want it for its parts, looks like the mobo in it might still be good, just the screen is busted.

This thread reminds me when my old 17" CRT died... I was wondering how to destroy it and the very next day I found a bowling ball someone had thrown my front yard. It was a sign... Nothing is quite as cool as a bowling ball going through the front of a monitor and watching the whole tube explode :). As for the LCD, there's always the pickaxe/sledgehammer method.

Joe

mike686 said:
Drop it off the top of a mall parking structure. :D :eek: :eek:

Did that with a sofa and dresser once... except substitute parking structure with 3rd floor apartment balcony ;)

would you be willing to send it to someone (say like um, me) for the cost of shipping (to like a zip code like 72032)? Or are you looking for the thrill of smashing something?

man, reminds me of years ago when i worked at circuit city someone took a 50-some inch crt up three stories on the picker and pushed it off. i wasn't there for it, but supposedly it made a wondrous smashing noise.

ryan_975 said:
would you be willing to send it to someone (say like um, me) for the cost of shipping (to like a zip code like 72032)? Or are you looking for the thrill of smashing something?

What would you possibly do with it? It'd be a waste of my time to ship, and smashing it is much more fun. I just don't want a mess or anything. Taking it apart to see how it works is cool too.

miro said:
man, reminds me of years ago when i worked at circuit city someone took a 50-some inch crt up three stories on the picker and pushed it off. i wasn't there for it, but supposedly it made a wondrous smashing noise.
While working at Sears a few months back one of the loading dock employees accidentally pushed at 60" SXRD off the loading dock. I heard it made a wonderful crunch as well.

Back